Serial port in LabVIEW

mindmoody

Hello everyone in LAVA...

currently i'm working on my project by using LabVIEW.. I want to use serial port (RS232) to control a humididty sensor and one servo motor.. How am i going to build the control and monitoring application by using this LabVIEW? Please give me a guide.. where should i start? Thanks..

regards,

Mindmoody :(

QUOTE (mindmoody @ Mar 9 2009, 11:37 PM)

currently i'm working on my project by using LabVIEW.. I want to use serial port (RS232) to control a humididty sensor and one servo motor.. How am i going to build the control and monitoring application by using this LabVIEW? Please give me a guide.. where should i start? Thanks..

regards,

I would start here...

1. Turn on your computer

2. Open LabVIEW

3. Click "Empty Project"

Seriously though...that is a really vague question. You need to start by learning enough about LabVIEW to be able to ask a specific question. I would recommend the Basics I & II classes offered by NI, or buy LabVIEW for Everyone and go through it on your own. Either one of these methods should give you enough knowledge to write a simple serial communications control program.

QUOTE (TobyD @ Mar 10 2009, 09:47 AM)

I would start here...

1. Turn on your computer

2. Open LabVIEW

3. Click "Empty Project"

Seriously though...that is a really vague question. You need to start by learning enough about LabVIEW to be able to ask a specific question. I would recommend the Basics I & II classes offered by NI, or buy LabVIEW for Everyone and go through it on your own. Either one of these methods should give you enough knowledge to write a simple serial communications control program.

In addition to the advice above I would say that you should look at the examples for VISA communications.

QUOTE (mindmoody @ Mar 10 2009, 08:37 AM)

regards,

I originally learned LV by taking an example and messing with it until I could call it my mess ;)

Thanks you guys for replying.. thanks for commenting my post.. :worship:

let me give you guys a details..

i am working with this labview to develop a control and monitoring system using a serial port.

My LabVIEW program should give reading of the humidity sensor and can control the servo motor.

what i want here is can you guys give me a simple example, truely i'm a beginner with this LaBVIEW..

Thanks

Mindmoody :rolleyes:

QUOTE (mindmoody @ Mar 10 2009, 09:52 PM)

what i want here is can you guys give me a simple example, truely i'm a beginner with this LaBVIEW..

bmoyer pointed you to a good example. Did you look at it? Do you have any specific questions about it?

-Toby