sampling serial port byes

ccie

Hi all ,

i have been able to display a waveform from a real circuit , but the problem is i have not been able to display it at the right speed it appears to fast on the waveform graph . please can anyone help me modify my code to sample the serial port bytes at 250ms and display it so that it will be a lot slower to the eye.Or is dere any way to adjust the wavefor so that it can be a lot slower to the eye for analysis

Secondly can anyone pls help me display nothing on the waveform graph when bytes are not in the serial port.

i am using labview 8.0

Thanks for ur anticipated response

Move your wait from the case structure to the while loop and change the wait time to 250ms. This will cause you to wait 250ms before even checking the COM port. As for appealing to the eye, I recommend changing your graph into a chart. A history will be available then. Also spend some time cleaning up your code. I had to spend time cleaning it up just to possibly understand what the code was doing. Here's what I did with it:

post-11268-1240578157.png?width=400