About This File
LabVIEW Task Manager v1.10.0 (for LV2013+)
This code is Open-Source, and free of charge
Authors: Ravi Beniwal, Tim Vargo
LAVA Names: Ravi Beniwal, TimVargo
Contact Info: Contact via PM at the LAVA site (http://lavag.org)
LabVIEW Versions Supported:
LV2013 and up
LabVIEW Versions Tested on:
- GPower Error & Warning = 188.8.131.52
- lava_lib_tree_control_api >= 1.0.1-1
- NI SmartBalloon = 184.108.40.206
- OpenG Application Control Library >= 220.127.116.11
- OpenG Comparison Library >= 18.104.22.168
- OpenG Array Library >= 22.214.171.124
- OpenG Error Library >= 126.96.36.199
- OpenG File Library >= 188.8.131.52
- OpenG LabVIEW Data Library >= 184.108.40.206
- OpenG String Library >= 220.127.116.11
- LAVA Palette >= 18.104.22.168
LabVIEW Task Manager is a debugging tool for use during LabVIEW code development. An expandable/collapsible tree diagram displays detailed information (both static and dynamic) on all VIs in memory, belonging to a selected project/target. It allows for interacting with single or multiple selected VIs at a time, and includes the following major features:
- Selection of project/target
- Lists all VIs in memory, grouped by class/library or disk folder, or a flat list
- Searches for and enumerates clones in memory
- DropIn VI for including dynamically referenced clones (Clone Beacon)
- 'Refresh Now' (F5) re-reads all VIs in memory and adds new ones to the tree
- Displays VI name, owning class/library, state, path, data size & code size
- Displays VI FP Behavior, Reentrant?, Reentrancy Type, Paused? & Highlight?
- Group by Class/Library or Folder, or display a Flat List
- Sort by any column, ascending or descending
- Filter out item types vi, ctl, and vit/ctt
- Filter out vi.lib and global VIs
- Filter out items from being displayed, per folder paths.
- Tracking of, and ability to toggle, execution highlighting on multiple selected VIs
- Tracking of paused VIs with ability to Pause/Resume/TogglePause multiple selected VIs
- DropIn VI for pausing only while debugging
- If a clone initiates a pause, a different pause symbol is used for all clones of that same reentrant original VI
- Select multiple VIs and open or close their FPs or BDs
- Double Click a VI from the tree to bring the BD (first choice) or FP to front, if already open
- Select multiple top-level VIs and Abort them
- Remotely close any VI's Front Panel
Installation and instructions:
Install this tool by using the VI Package Manager to install its associated package file (.vip). Installation requires VIPM 2014 or higher, which is available for free from jki.net (http://jki.net/vipm).
- Cannot abort SubVIs launched from remote VI Server or local Asynch Call By Ref
What's New in Version 22.214.171.124 See changelog
- 01-Jul-2014 -- Initial release of VIPM package
- Plus changes from version R6:
- Versioning format changed from Rx to Major.Minor.Fix/Bug.Build
- Inserted "Generate Clone Name", as supplied by Aristos Queue, to fix incompatibility w/ LV2013 clone enumeration. See <https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/58984#58984>
- Added VI descriptions to all UI front panels, and tip-strips to UI front panel elements.
- Fixed bug where custom probes would cause errors in "Compare Two Paths" VI.
- Refreshing now includes a re-check for new app instances
- Optimized "Get Properties" to optionally retrieve only the properties that might have changed; yields better performance.
- Added some linefeed chars to the error dialog messages
- In project, converted self-populating folders to virtual folders, and shortened their names.
- In folder hierarchy, shortened some folder names, and moved some files back out to project root, instead of in "Main Task_Manager" and "Project_Task Manager"; due to some problems encountered with LV Save for Previous Version, and the VSI TSVN toolkit.
- Added a test case to "Parallel VIs Launcher"
- Added several comments to several VIs
- Built a VIP package for tool installation -- to be accomplished using VIPM
- This tool can now be invoked from LV's main "Tools" menu