Jump to content

Bob Schor

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation


About Bob Schor

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling

LabVIEW Information

  • Version
    LabVIEW 2012
  • Since

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thanks, Hooovahh. Didn't think about size. I also didn't say, but I'm running 32-bit LabVIEW 2012 on Windows 7 64-bit. I started tearing down the code that failed, got it down to two error clusters and the Fit VI function, still failed. So I went the other way, wired two error clusters to Fit VI and put a decoration on the FP, no error. Time to check panel sizes ... That was it! I never set this (don't know what my colleague was thinking), so didn't even bother to look here ... Bob (sadder but wiser) Schor
  2. My colleagues and I use the Fit VI to Largest Decoration function in OpenG all the time, and it (usually) works like a charm. I've got a fairly small Project, a simple State Machine that takes readings from a Vernier SensorDAQ device and plots it on a graph. I'm using a Queued State Machine pattern, so I begin by creating the State Machine Queue and enqueuing the Initialize State. The first thing I do inside Initialize is Fit VI to Largest Decoration, and it throws Error 1, pointing to the final FP.PanelBounds Property node that it is setting to resize the Window. I also watched this fu
  3. I noted with great interest Phillip Brook's "Brown Invoke Node" to manipulate LabVIEW's .ini file. I've written some code to do this for me (I use it to clean up the "Getting Started With" list of Projects and VIs), but wouldn't mind learning how to do it this way. But I can't find the "brown node" -- any hints? Bob Schor Never mind, I figured it out, in private ... BS
  4. I came here three years later following a post in the NI LabVIEW forums. I also had developed a set of ActiveX routines to "do things" in Excel, but found it tedious to get the documentation for the ActiveX functions, particularly with Windows 7 and LabVIEW 2012 (looks like Microsoft is moving away from ActiveX, anyway). I "bit the bullet" and tried using the newer LabVIEW Report Objects, and life got much easier. [Oops, can't figure out how to paste snippet in here, so I'll try to Attach my VI]. Hope this is helpful. BS EXCEL Delete WorkSheet.vi UTIL Ask Sheet Exists.vi
  5. I'm working on a Real-Time project and wanted a way to programmatically update the Version Number in the Build Specs for both the Host and Remote targets. A Web search led me here for the solution. My code differs a little, as I'm doing this from within the Project -- in addition, the names of the Version Tags seem to have changed (in LabVIEW 2012). I tried to post snippets of my VIs here, but couldn't figure out how to do so! I'm using Chrome (if that matters). I'm guessing I should use the "Image" button, but don't know what to put in for URL (the PNG images are on my desktop machine
  6. I'm trying to view some forums and material posted here. Any time I do, I get a page that says Lavag.org Driver Error, suggests I "reload" (doesn't work) or Notify Administrator (this message). I've tried getting in using IE and Chrome, same errors. I'm kind of surprised I was able to Post a New Topic ...
  7. Bon jour, Fran├žois. I just downloaded UI Tools 1.3.059 from the LabVIEW Tools Network. The series of VIs that you have provided look really nice, and I can believe that they will solve many "annoying" problems I'm having with UIs (I've got one application, for example, where I need to create a TouchScreen interface using, at various times, round Boolean controls, square Boolean controls, etc., and need to both "right-size" them and place them "nicely" (like evenly spaced, at 1/3 in from the left and 1/3 in from the right for two buttons). Painful, messy code that mostly works (except when i
  8. I'm having the same symptom, but have some further clues on its origin. I've been developing a real-time data acquisition project using Project in LabVIEW 8.5. I'm still at an early stage of development, so my code is not yet "full-blown". My basic model uses state machines, both on the Host (PC) and on the Remote (PXI, eventually), with communication between them using Shared Variables. Because I'm trying to develop a "generic" code base that will be used for various lab projects, I have two Host VIs, a top-level VI that mainly handles the real-time communication with the Remote, and a ca
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.