get the author of a VI

QUOTE (drake27 @ Apr 29 2009, 03:28 PM)

Hello

I have to get the name of the author of a VI but I don't know how to do this using Labview.

If someone can help me

In the sub-palette "Advanced Fils Functions" (Programming >> File I/O >> Advanced Fils Functions) you have a primitive called "Get Type and Creator".

Hope this helps

QUOTE (drake27 @ Apr 29 2009, 09:28 AM)

Hello

I have to get the name of the author of a VI but I don't know how to do this using Labview.

If someone can help me

I confess, I don't know what you are trying to do.

Do you have a VI and you need to know who was the orignal author? If so post and maybe one of us can recognize it.

Otherwise, please clairfy your question.

Ben

QUOTE (Antoine Châlons @ Apr 29 2009, 10:03 AM)

In the sub-palette "Advanced Fils Functions" (Programming >> File I/O >> Advanced Fils Functions) you have a primitive called "Get Type and Creator".

Hope this helps

But this returns always the same information for a VI????? What would that be good for?

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE (drake27 @ May 4 2009, 01:13 AM)

Hi

Yes I saw this problem.

This function isn't a solution for my problem so if someone have another answer I hope this help

There isn't a common way to note the author of a VI. Some place a comment in the diagram, others on the front panel, others yet again on the VI description and last but not least there is the VI Property "History.Entire Text" that returns the names and comments of all the changes made to the VI, IF and only IF the user had this feature enabled, which most don't since it is a pain in the ######.

In general a lot of VIs do not even contain information about the author at all.

Rolf Kalbermatter