View New Content page doesn't link to new posts

OK, now I see something strange, it appears that something strange is happening. Sometimes when I click on links, it doesn't work and I get a target page like this:

http://lavag.org/topic/10268-portal-page-not-working/#entry61568

This ends up being the first page of the topic, so the anchor "#entry61568" is not found (since it's on the last page of the topic)

But, then I'll click the back button and click on the same hyperlink and it will work, taking me to last page of the topic:

http://lavag.org/topic/10268-portal-page-not-working/page__pid__61569__st__0entry61569

In this case the anchor "#entry61568" is found and it works correctly.

I'm observing the same behavior on both Firefox and Chome.

I've reported this bug to IPS.

IPS is going to file this as a bug, however, they are claiming that Jim might be the only one with this problem. So I'd like to get more feedback on this from the rest of the members. Is anyone else having problems jumping to the latest unread post similar to what Jim is experiencing? If so, what browser and version are you using?

IPS is going to file this as a bug, however, they are claiming that Jim might be the only one with this problem. So I'd like to get more feedback on this from the rest of the members. Is anyone else having problems jumping to the latest unread post similar to what Jim is experiencing? If so, what browser and version are you using?

Using Firefox 3.0.11 on Windows XP, "View New Content" gives me the list of threads and clicking on one takes me to the very last post in that thread, rather than the first post I haven't read.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what "View unread content" is actually showing. I everyday find a topic simply browsing forums which I didn't read and which was not showed in VUC. And the same with new post. Is VUC limited to some boards or sth like that? I'm not able to find a rule. Same situation for code repository files - just compare box with latest files showed on portal page to code repository tab in VUC.

I would like to simply see the list of all latest posts with user, date and board. I know better what I've read and what not.