Opening Windows Explorer to a specific directory

I have a feeling that this has been answered, but since the search here sucks worse than ever, I need to ask again.

What is the demonstrated/recommended way to pop open a file explorer window to a specific window?

I don't want the file dialog to return a selected item, I just want to aid the user in the process of getting to a directory.

I have a feeling that this has been answered, but since the search here sucks worse than ever, I need to ask again.

What is the demonstrated/recommended way to pop open a file explorer window to a specific window?

I don't want the file dialog to return a selected item, I just want to aid the user in the process of getting to a directory.

This works for me:

post-2399-125792561208_thumb.png

On windows obviously, perhaps you can call 'nautilus' on linux or '......' on mac.

Ton

This works for me:

post-2399-125792561208_thumb.png

On windows obviously, perhaps you can call 'nautilus' on linux or '......' on mac.

Ton

The other way is to build a command line resembling 'cmd /c start ...', which can open documents and URLs also. The downside is that the parameter '...' is put into command line, so beware. In this case set the working directory and use 'start .', which should open up the current directory.

In Mac OS X the command is 'open' and you need to pass a parameter, just like with start.exe.

The other way is to build a command line resembling 'cmd /c start ...', which can open documents and URLs also. The downside is that the parameter '...' is put into command line, so beware. In this case set the working directory and use 'start .', which should open up the current directory.

If you prepend start with an at sign, it's the same as calling ECHO OFF before it, so the command won't be printed to the cmd window.

The System Exec VI is preferably (if you don't like API) because all you have to do is append your directory to "explorer" and you're set.