utility to abort stuck VI

jcarmody

I wrote this little utility that presents a list of all running VIs in all contexts (except NI.* and JKI.*).  Clicking on one in the list will give you the option to abort it (it's useful if your VI is stuck). Someone released one on the other forum but the diagram was locked and I was curious...

I put it in my LabVIEW 8.6\project folder. Perhaps it'll be helpful to you.

*WARNING* Being that I put this in my project folder, I set the top-level VI to run when opened. Take appropriate measures if you don't want this behavior.  It also closes its Front Panel when it's done.

Jim

*EDIT* the latest file submission is in the Code Repository.  Don't download this file any more (unless you like looking at obsolete files ;)).

Abort.llb

• Like 2

I wrote this little utility that presents a list of all running VIs in all contexts (except NI.* and JKI.*). Clicking on one in the list will give you the option to abort it (it's useful if your VI is stuck). Someone released one on the other forum but the diagram was locked and I was curious...

I put it in my LabVIEW 8.6\project folder. Perhaps it'll be helpful to you.

*WARNING* Being that I put this in my project folder, I set the top-level VI to run when opened. Take appropriate measures if you don't want this behavior. It also closes its Front Panel when it's done.

Jim

This one is unlocked? Cool. thumbup1.gif I'm curious to see how this works.

This is a great utility. I have it on my desktop and use it often.

May I suggest the LAVA Code Repository?

I was going to float it around here and see how it was received first.  If it's useful I'm hoping that I get some suggestions for improvement before submitting it.  I'd love to have it there; software in the LAVA CR is like a pretty feather in your cap :).