Cannot embed an image from NI forums

If I want to embed an image from the NI forums (eg: http://forums.ni.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/15119iC34E97684EA14EAC/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1) with the 'img' tag, I get an error upon saving the post stating 'You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board.' Could an exception be made for either the ni.forums or just ditch extension checking (allright, just ditch .bmp files)

Ton

I think Ton means that LAVA won't allow embedding a bmp image that resides on the NI Forums, just like we can embed a video from youtube without having to upload the video to LAVA's server.

I think the problem is that the source is not a file, it appears to be a script. The MIME type is not recognized by LAVA as a valid image type. I think the use of the scripts was a recent change to the NI forums.

I think the problem is that the source is not a file, it appears to be a script. The MIME type is not recognized by LAVA as a valid image type. I think the use of the scripts was a recent change to the NI forums.

Right - it's not an image, so the board doesn't recognise it (some boards do this to specifically stop you from linking to their content). The workaround is to post to LAVA first and then post to the NI forums with a link to the LAVA image.

I don't think this is a problem with hot-linking so much as LAVA's software trying (stupidly) to authorize image URLs only by extension - I don't think it looks at MIME-type at all because in a browser I show "image/jpeg" and we certainly can embed JPEGs.

I think the problem is that the source is not a file, it appears to be a script.

Right - it's not an image,

I don't think this is a problem with hot-linking so much as LAVA's software trying (stupidly) to authorize image URLs only by extension -

It's defenitley an image, because a simple HTTP GET returns a datastream that can be saved to disc and read by LabVIEW PNG routines. It's probably bad form by NI not to include an extension at all.

Ton