New Search Is GREAT THANKS :-)

Relatively to what we had before the improvement is huge. In the absolut, the search stopped being crap and it now works.

That's indeed a great news yes.gif

That's good to hear guys. Search is the biggest sore spot here and it's nice to see some improvement. However, there is still a 3 character limit on the search terms which I'm working hard to resolve. It appears this is a Mysql issue and not related to IP.Board but still is annoying and I'm trying to resolve it if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

That's good to hear guys. Search is the biggest sore spot here and it's nice to see some improvement. However, there is still a 3 character limit on the search terms which I'm working hard to resolve. It appears this is a Mysql issue and not related to IP.Board but still is annoying and I'm trying to resolve it if possible.

Hmmm.. Well.. not so fast!

LAVA search seems to work much better than before, but it's still far from being fine.

If you go to the LAVA 1.0 section and do a search with "DLL" you get no result. Well it appears that 2 threads (see below) in the first page of the LAVA 1.0 section avec "DLL" both in their title and inside the thread as well and not just one occurrence.

And same for "PID" and... oh well, just any word in fact.

sad.gif

http://lavag.org/top...-after-restart/

and

http://lavag.org/top...r-to-structure/