poll on the CLAD trainning course

Hello LAVA fellows,

I would like to launch a poll here to know how many CLAD owners took their trainning courses from NI before you passed the exam.

Does a guy who works on Labview for around one and half years and is able to finish the sample exam within 40 minute with 70% correct outcomes (OK shifty.gif , this guy is me) need to take part in those trainning courses?

I appreciate your reply and any suggestions.

beer_mug.gif

Mars

Hello LAVA fellows,

I would like to launch a poll here to know how many CLAD owners took their trainning courses from NI before you passed the exam.

Does a guy who works on Labview for around one and half years and is able to finish the sample exam within 40 minute with 70% correct outcomes (OK shifty.gif , this guy is me) need to take part in those trainning courses?

I appreciate your reply and any suggestions.

beer_mug.gif

Mars

If you got 70%, that's barely passing. The test allows 1 hour, so finishing in 40 minutes means you have enough time to review the questions you weren't sure about and make a 'better best guess'.

The two times I took it, I answered all the questions I knew the answer to and moved on as quickly as possible. If the test is still the same, you can review after reaching #40. Go back to those you are unsure about and eliminate the obvious wrong answers and within 20 minutes you should be able to improve your score. Basic "multiple choice" test taking strategy.

Regarding training classes; I never took the Basic I & II; I had > 5 years experience when an employer offered to send me. I read the course outlines and knew that the Basic classes would not improve my skills. I took Intermediate I & II back-to-back and it was very good. I later took the Advanced I & II classes and I think my code is much better for it.

I would say if you can pass the example CLAD test with > 75% (miss 10 or less) then go for it!

After a year and a half you probably have a good foundation, but you should do better than 70%.  Study the questions from the practice exam, even wiring them up yourself to verify their operation.

I passed the CLAD, CLD and CPI (Certified Professional Instructor) in less than one year without taking any NI training courses.  You can, too. 

• Like 1

I passed the CLAD, CLD and CPI (Certified Professional Instructor) in less than one year without taking any NI training courses. You can, too.

ToyStory2Wallpaper3800.jpg

You're freakin' awesome.:thumbup1:

(I saw Toy Story 3 today. First thing that came to mind. "Ooooo. The Claw!")

Edited by PaulG.

Thanks for all you guys' sharing which encourage me to go on (without taking those training course).

Phillip, i will reveiw all your hints in my mind before I enter the exam-room.

jcarmody, I cant help say that u are freakin' awesome. The CLD will be my next target after CLAD.

ToyStory2Wallpaper3800.jpg

You're freakin' awesome.:thumbup1:

(I saw Toy Story 3 today. First thing that came to mind. "Ooooo. The Claw!")

The first thing comes to my mind when I look at the picture above isthat" Ooooo. The eyes!"