Building Status Done, but nothing is done

Hi

I've made a change in my application to create all instrument objects using the Factory design pattern, and now suddenly I can’t build an executable.

When I start the build, it finishes like this after a minute or so.

post-941-038546000 1278982275_thumb.png

It normally takes 20 minutes to build this application, wonder if this would be acceptable in any other programming language.

Cheers,

Mikael

Hi

I've made a change in my application to create all instrument objects using the Factory design pattern, and now suddenly I can’t build an executable.

When I start the build, it finishes like this after a minute or so.

post-941-038546000 1278982275_thumb.png

It normally takes 20 minutes to build this application, wonder if this would be acceptable in any other programming language.

Cheers,

Mikael

I will say this upfront: the only relevant info I can add at the moment is that I have seen this too in LV2009, and the build, of course, did not work.

I can't remember what the exact issue was i.e. why - sorry.

But I do know when the issue was fixed I was able to get it to go (I think it was to do with a known LV issue e.g. not allowed to put xctrl ref in a class for build or something like that).

Thanks,

I also get a LV crash when I just try to mass compile all VIs (Ctrl-Shift-Run), so it must be some linking problem.

I just have to continue looking for it.

The fun thing it runs perfectly in the development environment. Cheers,

Mikael

Thanks,

I also get a LV crash when I just try to mass compile all VIs (Ctrl-Shift-Run), so it must be some linking problem.

I just have to continue looking for it.

The fun thing it runs perfectly in the development environment. Cheers,

Mikael

I feel your pain on this one.

The only thing I try to do is to integrate and build often so it narrows down the cause.

Failing that, I usually have to copy the project and start stripping bits out and building 'til I find the issue.

Also on rare occasions I have had "bad" files (e.g. a method VI) that looks fine but kill the build.

I normally have to delete it and recreate it. I don't like the weird ones (where I can't explain the cause).

I feel your pain on this one.

Thanks.

I'm currently recompiling all classes in memory a couple at time, but when you have 105 Instrument classes, it takes some time to do this.

I've been working on this the whole day:( .

//Mikael

I manage to slove the problem

By opening one class at a time and use the Right click "Save All (this Class)" feature I managed to get the build working again.

I got so frustrating that I have to stop developing just because LV is building an exectuable, so I did this:

post-941-053541800 1279063255_thumb.png

Anybody tried it as well?

So far it looks like it working, since the building of an executable only loads one core, I still have 3 others to play with :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Mikael