User Interaction

SaC

Hello all,

• I am currently working in labview v 8.6 and am new.
  • Here i attached the code for your reference.

I would like to create user interaction like the same in the vi. Here i used shift register+while loop combination. What i need exactly,is there any way to avoid shift register and perform the same operation.It will help me a lot and might useful for others also.

Thanks in advance and waiting for reply....

UI.vi

Well, if you have a non-student version of LabVIEW then I suggest looking at the Event Structure. Unfortunately this is not available in the student version. Right-click on your controls and select Mechanical Action...Latch when released. This will prevent you from having to reset the controls everywhere.

I redid your VI using an event structure. Search the online forums for state machines and look at the examples in LabVIEW under File...New. Then go to VI...From Template...Frameworks...Design Patterns and look at the examples there.

There's going to be a long learning process so don't get frustrated if it takes a while understand.

Bruce

UI (bmoyer-1).vi

Bruce,

The 8.6 and 10.0 Student versions are the same as the FULL version, exactly. Well the only difference is a Student Edition has a water mark on the FP and BD, I would assume that 9.0 is the same but I don't own that version so can't say for sure.

BTW the OP posted the same question on the LabVIEW board, got pretty much the same answer.

Alan

Well, if you have a non-student version of LabVIEW then I suggest looking at the Event Structure. Unfortunately this is not available in the student version. Right-click on your controls and select Mechanical Action...Latch when released. This will prevent you from having to reset the controls everywhere.

I redid your VI using an event structure. Search the online forums for state machines and look at the examples in LabVIEW under File...New. Then go to VI...From Template...Frameworks...Design Patterns and look at the examples there.

There's going to be a long learning process so don't get frustrated if it takes a while understand.

Bruce

Bruce

This VI is different in that it doesn't prompt you to select a model, and if you cancel one it also doesn't ask to select a model. Also after a model is selected the button that was selected doesn't stay in the true position.

But if the original poster wanted this functionality I would suggest a radio button with 13 options. And a label saying "Please select a model"

This VI is different in that it doesn't prompt you to select a model, and if you cancel one it also doesn't ask to select a model. Also after a model is selected the button that was selected doesn't stay in the true position.

But if the original poster wanted this functionality I would suggest a radio button with 13 options. And a label saying "Please select a model"

I realize that the code I posted may not behave exactly the same, I was just trying to show the structure and take a stab at what I thought the original poster was trying to implement. Sometimes we go down these paths that overly complicate things and there isn't any reason why (except for that we didn't know any better).

Bruce

At first thanks for all giving fast reply....... I posted the same question in ni forum but i got only one reply, here 5 replies. I think its a healthy forum to ask lab-view questions.

Bmoyer: Thanks for your vi. I like the way its working but what i need exactly is as said by hooovahh.

If you see in an original vi, it wont allow you to select two model at a same time.It indicates what model you have selected.If i press cancel in the pop-up message it will ask you to select the model.

I would like to create as same in the original vi..

Waiting for Reply..