Array selection Color

Bobillier

Hi

Is there a way to modify the native array selection color ? I have try with property node and look in Labview.ini file if there is parameter , but without succes.

You can't with the "Modern Framed Color Box". It is possible to change it on the "Classic Framed Color Box" only using the paintbrush. At least, I don't know of any exposed property to do it programmatically.

In any case, if you use an array, there is no way you can have different elements with different color frames. It's a property of the element type, not the single element by itself. (Changing the color of the frame for the nth element will change it for all), so I don't think you can use it in the example you published.

trick color cluster.vi

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I thought i might have a go at this:

you cannot change the selection color programmatically as you have noticed but you might cheat :yes: . Have a look at the example I have attached. I have created a "emulated array" that behaves like your real array (which you can then hide) but one that allows you to change the background color according to your selection.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Curiouspuya

SelectionColorExample.vi

Hi

Is there a way to modify the native array selection color ? I have try with property node and look in Labview.ini file if there is parameter , but without succes.

post-5178-0-99366900-1297962072_thumb.pn

Good idea to modify the background cluster color.

Thanks

Hi I thought i might have a go at this:

you cannot change the selection color programmatically as you have noticed but you might cheat :yes: . Have a look at the example I have attached. I have created a "emulated array" that behaves like your real array (which you can then hide) but one that allows you to change the background color according to your selection.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Curiouspuya

SelectionColorExample.vi

Of course this only works if you have the clusters put into another larger cluster so you can get them to act like your arrays. If you just put the cluster into the array then changing the cluster background will change all the items in the array not just the one you want.

cheers :beer_mug:

P

Good idea to modify the background cluster color.

Thanks