timeout error from visa write

Hi,

i am first time working with data communications and experiences the following error shown in the picture. The "timeout case" running good for some iterations and then it is generating the error shown below. I am very new to this did not understand anything. Please some can help me with where the problem is.

post-20037-0-20145400-1301393952_thumb.p

Use a copy of the property node (with Instr on top) that you already have in your block diagram. You can find Timeout value under general settings. Make sure the property is set to write.

You mean timeout option at serial VISA block. can I increse directly the value of timeout terminal at serial VISA block. I don't know how to do that with property node.

post-18489-0-54265600-1301527615_thumb.p

Use a copy of the property node (with Instr on top) that you already have in your block diagram. You can find Timeout value under general settings. Make sure the property is set to write.

Hi,

If you are still getting errors even with Property node time our settings, try below stuff because it may be Even structure.

Wire a value to the Timeout terminal at the top left of the Event structure to specify the number of milliseconds the Event structure should wait for an event to occur.

The default is –1, indicating never to time out.

Event Structure Help

Hi,

Still the problem is not solved. I have used the setting what you suggested. Please help me in another way.

The Write is generating the timeout error, so have you checked that the device you are talking to is receiving the message? This could be as simple as it's not plugged in or turned on.

Tim

The Write is generating the timeout error, so have you checked that the device you are talking to is receiving the message? This could be as simple as it's not plugged in or turned on.

Tim

Hi,

I am writing o to 64(hex) values to device to read the available addresses in writen values. There is no problem with device because the same code i.e tha same functionality is developed in matlab and java and that is working. Though, if i run code in highled mode then there is no TIMEOUT error but there is no reply from serial device(Device should reply when it reads 1F and 41). If i run with array constant, from outside the loop with only 1F and 41 then it replying the answer and its not when i am running whole loop. WHY? Please help me, Why this timeout error coming always. 3 days simply gone without doing any thing. My serial device is AVR32 and i have written the program in it. Please reply any thing in labview 8.5 version.

yahoooo.vi