How to search object Label and read its value?

Hi all,

I have a subVI to which the input of its indicators name. The output of the subVI should be the value of the indicator. How do I search/match Label names and get the output?

post-16569-0-00024200-1302239076_thumb.p

For e.g:

My main VI is designed to give 'AFUN1' as input and expects an output from the subVI. rolleyes.gif

Thanks for your time..!!! worshippy.gif

Sharon

Hi all,

I have a subVI to which the input of its indicators name. The output of the subVI should be the value of the indicator. How do I search/match Label names and get the output?

post-16569-0-00024200-1302239076_thumb.p

For e.g:

My main VI is designed to give 'AFUN1' as input and expects an output from the subVI. rolleyes.gif

Thanks for your time..!!! worshippy.gif

Sharon

The first line should be read as:

I have a subVI to which the input is one of its indicators name. Sorry for the typo.frusty.gif

hi,

I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean but maybe you could use variant attributes for that, I think it's pretty cool to associate a name (string) to set set of parameters.

See quick example attached in LV8.6.

Hope this helps

Antoine,

Thanks for the VI worshippy.gif. My problem is, I dont want to create an array of Indicators I am using on the front panel. I want my VI to search for it automatically and output the value.

AFUN1(input)--->{SubVI contains a front panel element called AFUN1}--->(output) value of AFUN1 thumbup1.gif

-Sharon wacko.gif

Antoine,

Thanks for the VI worshippy.gif. My problem is, I dont want to create an array of Indicators I am using on the front panel. I want my VI to search for it automatically and output the value.

AFUN1(input)--->{SubVI contains a front panel element called AFUN1}--->(output) value of AFUN1 thumbup1.gif

-Sharon wacko.gif

Hi Sharon,

Could you please stop and tell us the big picture you are working on?

For thread to go this far without anyone getting close is a sign that the questioner is asking for something that none of has imagined.

But now that I brought up imagination... I have this crazy image of you trying to use the controls as if they were a look-up table or similar. If taht is really wahat you want then you may want to read through this Nugget I posted on the Dark-Side since it gets you stated uisng control ref to naviagete into cluster FP's etc.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Nugget-Using-control-references/m-p/570756

Otherwise, add me to list of those that don't know where to start.

Ben

Perhaps this is what you need ...

Hi hugo_fr,

Thank you. This is what I want to do.

Hi Ben,

Your link was too much for a beginner like me to understand. biggrin.gif But someday I will learn it.

AFUN1(input)--->{SubVI contains a front panel element called AFUN1}--->(output) value of AFUN1

Input_Label(Label_A)---> ----> Output_Value(Value of Label_A)

Thank you all..!!! Have a nice weekend..!!!

Sharon