Show us your desktop

The transparency is achieved by a single VI calling a single windows API function, which is simply based on code I found elsewhere here.

Try searching here for transparent to see what you can find (although the code there probably isn't 6.1). This is what the code looks like. You can find the function descriptions in the MSDN and the VI seen there is from winutil32 which can be found on NIs site.

I'm not near a computer with 7.0 at the moment, and part of the VI won't work in 6.1 anyway (the mouse input VIs which are used in moving the window), but I can backsave it when I get to one (not soon), although it will be broken. The other interesting part is the VIs for making the windows round which can be found in one of LTRs past challenges.

post-1431-1126461352.gif?width=400

post-1431-1126461571.gif?width=400

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, some additional checking has shown that the duplicate taskbar buttons appear because of the windows shape. Adding a delay before making the window round (I gave it 5 seconds, but 1 should probably be enough) will cause the second button to disappear. Then, using the VI I attached above, we can get rid of the VI window button and you have a clock with no buttons in the taskbar.

Now, the only thing remaining is to control it through a tray icon using only DLL calls (no ActiveX), which I have no idea how to do.

• 5 months later...

I know that I'm coming in really late on this, but my background image is obviously a programmer's - it's not very imaginative, but it sure is functional:

post-181-1141482229.jpg?width=400

Note: if you're going to use it, ake sure you remeber to set it a "center", and not "stretch" ;)

i have only LV 7.1 and LV 8.0 installed, so i can't beat you :-(

but i have a nice background picture :-)

post-885-1141504550.jpg?width=400

For those with an historical interest: LabVIEW v2.2 on a Mac Classic.

Still gets used.

WHOW ... i never saw this in real life

ok. i've heard about that ;-)