Are you "Real" software engineer?

Great post!

Do you know how to integrate test unit, rspec, cucumber and fitnesse into LabVIEW?

I'd like to manage my tests from Ruby since it's free tools are much more advanced than what I found in LV.

Do you think this is a good idea? Is it possible at all?

If not, do you know how to best implement the agile process in LabVIEW?

Thanks in advance,

Dror.

Edited by 0_o

Great post!

Do you know how to integrate test unit, rspec, cucumber and fitnesse into LabVIEW?

I'd like to manage my tests from Ruby since it's free tools are much more advanced than what I found in LV.

Do you think this is a good idea? Is it possible at all?

If not, do you know how to best implement the agile process in LabVIEW?

Thanks in advance,

Dror.

I know nothing about Ruby...and probably never will. But I would imagine the test tools for it are aimed at that environment in the same way as they are in Labview and (probably) not compatible. If you want to manage your tests in Ruby. Write the tests in Ruby! Whats the point of mixing and matching technologies and the headaches associated with getting them to play nicely (activeX springs to mind).

Agile development is language agnostic. It is also discipline independent since it is a group of project management methodologies. So the answer to how do you implement it in Labview is "the same way you would for anything else". I personally use M$ Project and. at a push, will use Excel - it's not really important. The key point is for some of your incremental release gates (cycle results) to coincide with major milestones on a more encompassing, linear plan (since that is what the upper echelons of management prefer).