There used to be a spelling checker in the post / reply options

OK, I may be going mad here, but I am sure there used to be a spelling check option in the post and reply boxes, however I can not find it any longer,

I know my spelling is not very good, never has been a strong point for me. But I have a new and really poor DELL keyboard that makes me look worse that I really am (if that is possible) as it seems to miss half the letters I type.

So am I just not seing the spell check option is has it gone ?

Danny

IPB has no built in spell checker (although from searching it seems people have made mods in the past).

But I don't think you need one as e.g. Chrome does spell check automatically - no plugins (I use Chrome).

Firefox has this option:

2011-10-03-08-05-27-2eebf1.png

What browser you using?

I don't remember of any such feature... But surely you can set your browser to do that for you. Extensions in firefox and chrome do that quite well and can handle many languages.

Indeed, Chrome 16 definitely does this (it's what I'm using) and I think Firefox was the first browser I used to have it, back around 3.x. I think even IE has hopped on the bandwagon by now (8.x or 9.x).

But to directly answer the question, I don't remember seeing a spell-check option either; not that I ever had to look for it...

But I have a new and really poor DELL keyboard that makes me look worse that I really am (if that is possible) as it seems to miss half the letters I type.

What OS are you using? I have the simplest of keyboards, and there are many times the letters get missed as I type (Win7-64)

Thank you for your replys, I suspect that I used to have the firefox checker setup and forgot about it so assumed it was within the web page.

todd I am also using Windows 7 - 64, maybe I will look at the keyboard settings, but I am sure it is h cheepo keyboard I have

cheers

Danny

UPDATE, I just checked my firefox seting and I already have check my spelling as I try ticked..... strange

Edited by dannyt