To remove compiled code or not, that is the question.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm trying to improve a quickdrop plugin that removes compiled code for my project. I noticed that it doesn't check the box in the project properties but I can't figure out how to do that. I tried reading the "NI.LV.All.SourceOnly" property via the project invoke node "Get Item" but I'm not getting anything back. Is it possible? I can't text edit the project file, because it's currently open.

snip.png

After I started using this separate source code feature repo commits are easier to do. I never had stability problems having this option enabled. It takes some time to load project on new machine or when LV cahe has to be cleaned. Recently I have started to pack basic modules into PPLs and they are good for compilation time reduction and when code is reused multiple times. Shame this new vim concept can not be used with PPLs, if I understand correctly they are something like generics in c#. It would be nice if we could make vim class where one or several fields can be adaptive to create for example ring buffer and pack this into reuse ppl at the end. Now I end up with 6 classes that do the same buffer operations depending only on datatypes.

On 1/31/2018 at 8:12 PM, ensegre said:

No idea about the above. If it marginally helps, I have this snippet which descends a directory tree and does all .vi, .ctl, .lvclass and .lvlib. The code is a basic elaboration of what proposed earlier in the thread.

SeparateCompiledCodeTree.vi

That's very much what my plugin is doing as well. Now I just need to figure out how to handle .lvproj :)