Set library version returns error 53

I try to change the version of a library or class with the accompanying VI, and this returns an error 53. Can anyone reproduce this?

Ton

I was able to set both class and lvlibs without any problems.

How are you calling the VI, i.e. what app refnum are you using? (I ran it standalone)

A little later.......

I can get error 53 if any of the Major, Minor, Fix numbers are zero. But works perfectly if they are all non-zero

Aha!

You cannot decrement the version of a user class. So if you are trying to set it to a lesser value, it fails with 53.

Edited by ShaunR
  • Like 1

A little later.......

I can get error 53 if any of the Major, Minor, Fix numbers are zero. But works perfectly if they are all non-zero

You cannot decrement the version of a user class. So if you are trying to set it to a lesser value, it fails with 53.

Hi Shaun,

that makes sense, is that also valid for manual changes?

I'll have a look at the documentation for that function tomorrow.

Ton

Yes, the GUI for a class also limits decrementing the version of a class.

Ton

Indeed. In fact it's the same as trying to set the revision number less than the current revision for a VI where it will object with error no. 1077 (which maybe is what it should be for classes rather than 53).

My opinion is that version numbers should be able to be set to whatever we want, however.

Edited by ShaunR
  • Like 1