Picture Control Cursor Property in the RTE

mje

Thought I'd poll the consensus here. Has anyone had issues using the Cursor Property on picture controls while in the run-time environment? Help says it's a scripting feature, but that it is available in the RTE, which seems weird to me. Does this actually work reliably in the RTE?

My searches aren't turning up much beyond the numerous discussions relating to the CAR where the last used cursor from the icon editor persists across all picture controls while in the IDE.

Thought I'd poll the consensus here. Has anyone had issues using the Cursor Property on picture controls while in the run-time environment? Help says it's a scripting feature, but that it is available in the RTE, which seems weird to me. Does this actually work reliably in the RTE?

My searches aren't turning up much beyond the numerous discussions relating to the CAR where the last used cursor from the icon editor persists across all picture controls while in the IDE.

As far as I was aware. VI scripting isn't available in the run-time engine. It is (was?) development only.

No experience with this property in particular, but I have found the detailed help 'Available in Run-TIme Engine and Real-Time Operating System' to be fairly reliable.

As to scripting+RTE, there is a bit of a semantic issue: NI lumps a lot of things under the umbrella of scripting. My rule-of-thumb is that if a property or method can operate on a VI in run mode, it is likely to be available in the RTE and to operate as advertised. Anything which requires a VI to be in edit mode is almost certainly out. The cursor property operates on a running VI, so although it is called a 'scripting' property, I do not really consider it one per se.

Well I won't be spinning off a build of my code until tonight (takes too long to just "test" it), so I can't comment on if it's functional in the RTE, but I am noticing some behavior inconsistent with the documentation while in the IDE. I'm after the system pointer and the finger pointer, which according to the docs should be values of 1 and 6. Neither of those are right though, trial and error has landed me at -1 and 0 for two values.