Hi all,

I'd appreciate some advise or pointing in the right direction regarding building an EXE with class dependencies.  I have a project built with actor framework and when I build it to exe, I get lots of dependencies which I think should be included in the EXE as seen below:

Build%20Folder%20Capture.PNG

On my Source files build properties page I currently have nothing under Always Included.  I did try including all of the lvlibs and including them in the EXE but it didn't make a difference.

In summary, I think the way my EXEs are building is not right.  It is easy to see what VIs I'm using (although you can't open them) and it doesn't look very professional.  What are the best practices for building dependencies into EXE?

Thanks

Check in your application build script if the 8.x file layout is activated: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvconcepts/referencing_files_in_applications/

If you enable the Use LabVIEW 8.x file layout option on the Advanced page of the Application Properties, Shared Library Properties, or Web Service Properties dialog boxes, the Application Builder stores source files inside the application as a flat list. Because of this file structure, LabVIEW moves any files with conflicting filenames to different folders. National Instruments recommends you only enable this option if the application you build relies on the legacy behavior to store files in a flat list inside the application.

Edited by LogMAN

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By David_L
      Hey all,
      (Cross-post from ni.com forums)
      We have a LabVIEW application, which has a LabVIEW-based Installer.  This LabVIEW installer is called from within another Inno installer (since our main Inno installer pulls together multiple components, most of them not LabVIEW).  Whenever this Inno installer ends, it always asks the user to restart their PC, even if the LabVIEW installer was cancelled.
      I narrowed it down, and it's reproducible with only the LabVIEW installer, so it's definitely LabVIEW installer's fault.  According to Inno's help documentation, "if a program executed in the [Run] section queues files to be replaced on the next reboot (by calling MoveFileEx or by modifying wininit.ini), Setup will detect this and prompt the user to restart the computer at the end of installation."  However, as stated above, this dialog is triggered even if the LabVIEW installer was cancelled and wrote no files.
      Now, the above linked documentation refers to a flag I can put in my installer script to ignore this restart dialog, but it's a global flag, and I would like my other installers to still make use of this handy restart dialog if necessary. Unfortunately it seems LabVIEW installers trigger this even if not actually necessary.
      Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas how to make my LabVIEW installer NOT muck around with the MoveFileEx or wininit.ini stuff if/when it's not actually needed?  Attached is a LabVIEW project and Inno Installer script which easily reproduces the problem.  To reproduce:
      Extract the attached .zip Open test.iss in Inno Setup and click the "Run" button Alternately, just run the built installer under "\Output\test_inno_installer_9.99.0.0.exe" Click Next on 'Select Components' dialog Click Install on 'Ready to Install' dialog When LabVIEW installer pops up click Cancel, then yes (you're sure) See the Restart dialog Thanks!
      David_L
      InnoLabVIEWBug.zip
    • By DARTHWOD
      Hi Friends,
      I am facing issue in labview programming. My vi read csv file in a folder and plot it in waveform graph. Initially i have twenty csv file in that folder, while runnning my vi some more csv files will be added to that folder. The problem is only twenty csv file initially placed got read, later added csv files were not read by labview. 
      Condition: Once my vi starts running, the files will be automatically added to that folder. Because i am running an experiment which stores data in the form of csv file to that folder. How to keep on read the csv files continuosly while my experiments stores series of csv files.

• By ATE-ENGE
      Background:
      I've been using LabVIEW for a few years for automation testing tasks and until recently have been saving my data to "[DescriptorA]\[DescriptorB]\[test_info].csv" files. A few months ago, a friend turned me on to the concept of relational databases, I've been really impressed by their response times and am reworking my code and following the examples with the Database Connectivity Toolkit (DCT) to use "[test_info].mdb" with my provider being a Microsoft jet oldb database.
      However, I'm beginning to see the limitations of the DCT namely:
      No support for auto-incrementing primary keys No support for foreign keys Difficult to program stored procedures and I'm sure a few more that I don't know yet.
      Now I've switched over to architecting my database in MySQL Workbench. Suffice to say I'm a bit out of my depth and have a few questions that I haven't seen covered in tutorials
       Questions (General):
       Using Microsoft jet oldb I made a connection string "Data Source= C:\[Database]\[databasename.mdb]" in a .UDL file. However, the examples I've seen for connecting to MySQL databases use IP addresses and ports.
      Is a MySQL database still a file? If not, how do I put it on my networked server \\[servername\Database\[file]? If so, what file extensions exist for databases and what is the implication of each extension? I know of .mdb, but are there others I could/should be using (such as .csv's vs .txt's)  My peers, who have more work experience than me but no experience with databases, espouse a 2GB limit on all files (I believe from the era of FAT16 disks). My current oldb database is about 200mB in size so 2GB will likely never happen, but I'm curious:
      Do file size limits still apply to database files? If so, how does one have the giant databases that support major websites?  Questions (LabVIEW Specific):
      I can install my [MainTestingVi.exe], which accesses the jet oldb database, on a Windows 10 computer that is fresh out of the box. When I switch over to having a MySQL database, are there any additional tools that I'll need to install as well? 
    • By daoudi
      Hi,

Can I put a vi labview application on a web server on html 5 for exemple?

if we can do that, it can be done just in local network(with several machines TCP/IP) or can be connected with a web server ?

Thank you 

• By John2787
      Reposting this here in an effort to gain some traction because it's absolutely killing me. 
      I'm trying to build a standalone .exe with a VI that contains a Scilab script using the Scilab gateway. On the actual program I created I get an error message stating that the front panel cannot be loaded on the SubVI that contains the Scilab script node. If I delete the node the program runs fine. 
      I decided to create a very basic VI containing a Scilab script to troubleshoot, and I get the following error: "This VI is not executable, The full development version of Labview is required to fix the errors". I don't understand this at all, since I do have the full development version of labview. Also, the code runs fine as a native VI, and this error is occuring on my development machine, so all required files should already be in the correct locations. Additionally, I've added "ScriptScilab.dll" as an always included source file and it's in the correct folder for the runtime engine. In fact, I've tried it in multiple different locations (app data directory, app root directory, LV2017 root directory, etc...) and still nothing. 
      What am I missing here? .Zip of may sample application attached. 
      My Application.zip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.