block diagram and windows scaling...

Hi All,

Wasnt overly sure where to ask this... I'm having issues related to screen resolution, but mostly to do with block diagram behaviour rather than front panel object sizing which comes up regularly!

Anyway, I have some code which I wrote on my PC (windows 7.1) at the office - screen resolution is 1680x1050. When I look at the BD on that PC, things line up nicely and look generally ok. However, when I open the same code on my MS Surface Pro 3, (windows 8.1, screen res 2160x1440 - and with scaling set to 125% in the control panel display options) it seems that different things on the block diagram are scaled differently and so things dont line up any more. Particularly painful are things like unbundle by name - where the font and undbundle structure seem to have scaled slightly differently, so things that did have unbundles/bundles that were aligned with other BD objects are no longer aligned and things look really messy.

Has anyone else come across these types of issue? I'm not sure if its a windows 7 vs 8 thing, or specifically down to the windows scaling being set to cope with the small high res display on the surface... I'm looking for any suggestions on things I can try/settings hidden away somewhere that might help make moving between the two systems actually possible (At the moment, I'm just not coding on the surface because I cant cope with the unreadability and dont want to waste time aligning stuff all over the place!)

I should have prepped an example with pics to better show what I mean - I'll try and do something with that tomorrow when I have access to both machines next to each other!

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Hi All,

Wasnt overly sure where to ask this... I'm having issues related to screen resolution, but mostly to do with block diagram behaviour rather than front panel object sizing which comes up regularly!

<snip>

I should have prepped an example with pics to better show what I mean - I'll try and do something with that tomorrow when I have access to both machines next to each other!

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Block diagrams don't scale (no zoom etc). I would check your fonts. Fonts do make a difference to the BD and cause things like unbundle by name to resize to accommodate. Perhaps a font that was used on the original machine is not available and the surface is picking a slightly different one that it thinks is close enough.

Edited by ShaunR

Noticed this very thing a couple weeks ago on a customer's development machine.  A high resolution monitor scaled up to ~125% screwed with all of the fonts, FP and BD IIRC.  I believe the application font gets scaled natively while the icons and such scale differently.  This was from Win7 to Win7.

Thanks for the answers. Had a suggestion from someone else which I'll try - he has a small dellXPS 13, but sets the resolution down to 1600x900 and then runs at 100% scaling instead of going for full resolution and scaling up... I dont think it sounds the ideal solution, but I'll give it a try.

Thanks

Paul