Validation Issue

First, did you really just put your phone number in a post on the internet?

Beyond that here is a method that doesn't need any validation.  It sets the max and min of the control to the range based on the drop down selected.  It then normalizes in Hz and GHz.  No need to write code checking if the range is valid, you make the control only accept the valid range.

Freq validation Hooovahh Edit.vi

Hello Dear,

You given the Max. & Min. limits for the control and your changing the value according to units and there is no error popup in this case. But in my application the value in the control should not change with respect to units. That units conversion should be happened internally and it will validate value and units accordingly. If the value beyond the limits it should popup. Here the value and the units are dependents. we have to create the dependent events. Kindly let me know any procedure to create the dependent events,

Thanks & Regards,

S Nagaraju

Otherwise you'll never get that pop-up

Which was by design.  If you have a pop-up for every control being out of range your users are going to get quite annoyed.  What's wrong with the built in feature of setting the control range?  It meets the requirements in a cleaner, more scale-able, more modular, more reusable, and more user friendly way.  I can think of very few benefits of prompting the user every time.

Still if that is what you really want my code can be modified quite easily as ThomasGutzler showed.