Sorting Raw Serial Data

sout23

I have an FPGA which is programmed to dump Raw data when a serial connection is established with LabVIEW.

I have no issue using VISA Serial Read to get the data. What I am having trouble doing is sorting it. So there are 24 values coming through and I want to display each one individually in a LabVIEW VI. For example the first value is Vdc, the second Vin, the 9th is current, the 14th is temperature etc. I can't seem to figure out how i can do this. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It sounds simple enough, but you should post your code so we are sure what you mean.

I don't really have any code at the moment. I've been recommended to use clusters, but not sure how to go about doing that.

It's really just 24 values coming in, in a string and I need to extract each one individually. I know it seems simple, but I am a beginner at using LabVIEW and not sure how to go about it?

• 1 month later...

Can you post a (or two or three) typical data string(s)?  Usually strings like this have a delimiter, like commas or tabs or spaces, to separate the numbers.  So you could do this:

post-4616-0-78067500-1446570616.png

I showed the example with comma for the delimiter, but other possibilities are shown above (not wired in).

When you create the array type on Spreadsheet String to Array, be sure to right-click the resulting array and select Remove Dimension.  Because it sounds like you're getting a 1D array, not a 2D.