Jump to content
Callan

Using VIPM to distribute drivers using an unsigned .NET framework

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

I have been trying to use VIPM to distribute drivers that rely on a .NET framework that is unsigned (i.e not in the global assembly cache).  My issue is that after the package is installed, none of the VIs will work because LabVIEW cannot locate the .net assembly.  However, if I launch labview by opening the library VIPM installed, all of the VIs will work, and LabVIEW is able to locate the the .Net framework and it appears in the main application instance.  I need to be able to use the installed vis all the time, not just when LabVIEW is launched in this particular way.

 

Here is a link to all the all the files I used: 

 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yjt2a0t8msxhgfn/AAC4VVW-hPawwXtGMrZ6wuIra?dl=0

 

Here are the steps I went through:

 

1) We put all the .NET dlls and the LabVIEW.exe.config file in the Labview directory.

 

post-54133-0-27996700-1446062131.png

 

2) We installed the package on our computer.  

 

post-54133-0-63084300-1446062132.png

 

3)We closed everything and relaunched Labview from the start menu.  Then accessed the BioRobotics/Vicon palette.

 

post-54133-0-03890000-1446062134.png

 

4)We placed the Get Ref subVI on the block diagram, opened it up, and ran it it.

 

5) We got the following error:

 

post-54133-0-83107400-1446062134.png

 

We also get a similar error for any VI that uses a method associated with the .NET dll.

 

6) However, if we again start with everything closed and launch Labview by clicking on the VICON.lvlib located in the vi.lib

 

post-54133-0-46885200-1446062135.png

 

7) Then repeat steps 3 and 4.  We do not get any errors in the VIs on the palette, and the .Net assembly loads fine.  We can even close the library and everything still works.  Somehow opening the library first makes LabVIEW know to load the ViconDataStreamSDK_DotNet assembly when using functions on the Vicon palette.

 

post-54133-0-83181200-1446062135.png

 

If anyone does attempt to build a new package, it is worth noting that I included the dlls in the source files, and in the same folder as the vipb:

 

post-54133-0-49109800-1446062136.png

 

 

Thanks!

 

Callan

 

Edited by Callan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the .NET assemblies referenced in your project library in the source of the component prior to building a package? 

 

I have several components that use .NET assemblies - I have never copied them to the LabVIEW folder when changing source; they have always been in the source project folder or sub-folder. LabVIEW effectively adds this folder to the Fusion search paths when resolving assembly locations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.