• Similar Content

• By bartek618
      I know how to run .Net executable by MainWindow() constructor but I have some resources defined in App.xaml and MainWindow() doesn't run without them. How to run application starting with App() constructor? Also I need to pass some parameters into MainWindow().
    • By William Hofmeister
      I need to access Aerotech A3200 data with LabView. The Digital Scope in the A3200 software has the capability to record data at 1kHz for 8 seconds in dedicated batches. We use LabView for all functions surrounding the motion control and have the Aerotech LabView package. Using the LabView vis we can only access data a single data point per call and I don't see how to set up a FIFO to Windows LabView. Someone must have looked at this problem lately. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?  Thanks!!
    • By LogMAN
      So this just happened to me and I'm quite confused by it. As it turns out, the .NET Constructor Node not only provides terminals for error in, error out and the reference, but actually two more "hidden" terminals:

Notice: I left the error terminals untouched and none of the wires are connected (try it yourself). This never occurred to me. Only now, while hunting a null reference exception I found the constructor node looked "off", like this:

The strange part is that the terminal doesn't actually carry the reference (which is why I receive the null exception). It only specifies the type. The upper left terminal is a void type input, so the wire is always broken.
      Does anyone know why these extra terminals exist? They don't seem to be part of the specification as far as I can tell.
      Any fancy things we can do with this?
    • By ATE-ENGE
      Edit: I'm asking primarily if there is a reason why/when I should/shouldn't use .net functions in my LabVIEW development. The example below is just to demonstrate a case of my question.
      _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I recently found a custom library that calculates SHA256 hash algorithms However, in this post I see that the same thing can be done with .net 

My main question is: Is there any reason to build or use a custom library for something where .net functionality already exists? Are there any disadvantages to offloading work to .net ? 
    • By P.Carpentier
      Hi Everyone,
      Most of the time I am able to find solutions to my issues just by reading this forum but I wasn't that lucky this time.
      So, i got an issue when i'm trying to install my build.
      I got the following message: "This distribution is built with an older version of winMIF that is not compatible with .NET 4.6.2 upgrade to 17.0"
      When googling this error message or even "winMIF" i can't find anything that match my request
      I tried to uninstall the .NET framework and then reinstall the 4.0 (and 3.5) and I got the same issue. (Exactly the same error even if it's .NET 4.0 or 3.5 ...)

The computer used to build is a Win7Pro with Labview 16.
      The target computer is a WES7 (but I got the same issue on my dev computer ...)

In advance thank you, 

Piet

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.