Jump to content
News about the LabVIEW Wiki! Read more... ×
0_o

No NI Week videos this year? :(

Recommended Posts

:unsure:

This is most probably a race condition but I simply can't wait so I had to ask...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark has already uploaded them to: frc.tecnova.com

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I try to download videos my IP gets banned..... Only got 8 of them before lights out....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were the old NIWeek videos moved to another location? I could only find the 2018 videos on the LabVIEW_Videos login and thought there used to be previous NIWeek and CLA Summit presentations on that login.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2018 at 10:35 AM, shoneill said:

Every time I try to download videos my IP gets banned.....

You might want to reduce the number of parallel connections to two (seems to be working fine on my end). The server bans IPs with too many connections at once:

6 minutes ago, jacobson said:

Were the old NIWeek videos moved to another location?

The other videos are still online, but not available right now until traffic for the current videos has gone down. Once all of us finished choking the server all videos should be available again. This has happened in the past as well:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately the video "2018NIWEEK_332_Samual Taggart_Test Strategies for Project Success" crashes at 20:33. It seems something is wrong with the file. I downloaded it again but that doesn't help. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, thought it was just me.

Also 323_Casey Lamers_Understanding Decoupling of Messaging in Actor Framework.mp4 crashes at 39.02.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you reach the server?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, but banned again..... I don't know how to configure Firefox to limit the connections and Filezilla doesn't want to work... complains about invalid directory listing.

I just download 4 files a day..... yawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yet again it is unreachable but I enjoy it so much that I don't complain.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive only got three more videos to get.  Roll on tomorrow :thumbup1::beer_mug:

Edited by shoneill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:thumbup1:

Lucky you, I'm at 342.

The last 2 videos are more than 2GB!!!

Edited by 0_o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank for the update on the crashing videos I will re format them and look into the issue.

Last Friday the old server that we are using crashed and so currently it is down.

No videos were lost

I.T. is working on a new solution but may take a week or two.

NI is also working on putting the videos on their Center of Excellence Vimeo  site by June 30th

I will post updates when they become available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark Balla said:

NI is also working on putting the videos on their Center of Excellence Vimeo  site by June 30th

Finally. That's a start.

NI should have took the videos and uploaded long time ago.

Thanks Mark!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, the Peter Bokor one crashes a few minutes from the end. The slider says it 1:05, but it crashes around 1:02.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2018 at 1:06 AM, StefanLemmens said:

Unfortunately the video "2018NIWEEK_332_Samual Taggart_Test Strategies for Project Success" crashes at 20:33. It seems something is wrong with the file. I downloaded it again but that doesn't help. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

I think that video may only be 20:33 long.  The video file that was posted on vimeo (where we are hosting videos for ni.com/coe), is 20:33.  I know there were a few issues with some with some recordings just not sure which ones yet.  Thanks for highlighting this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 9:26 AM, Mark Balla said:

Thank for the update on the crashing videos I will re format them and look into the issue.

Last Friday the old server that we are using crashed and so currently it is down.

No videos were lost

I.T. is working on a new solution but may take a week or two.

NI is also working on putting the videos on their Center of Excellence Vimeo  site by June 30th

I will post updates when they become available.

Videos are all now available on ni.com/coe.    They are view only, so no massive time to download large files.  We are missing some videos, and will work to get these up on the coming weeks.  If anyone has questions or concerns, catch me at nancy.henson@ni.com.

 

We are real exited that we have a portal ni.com/coe that allows us to host the sessions and videos.  NI does not do any official videos of NIWeek tracks.  It's the effort of Mark and others in the community and then a few of us at NI.  Thanks for the patience and let us know if you like this format for viewing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nhollenback said:

I think that video may only be 20:33 long.  The video file that was posted on vimeo (where we are hosting videos for ni.com/coe), is 20:33.  I know there were a few issues with some with some recordings just not sure which ones yet.  Thanks for highlighting this.

According to the file info it should be 55:46 and it stops suddenly in the middle of the presentation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2018 at 2:47 PM, nhollenback said:

I think that video may only be 20:33 long.  The video file that was posted on vimeo (where we are hosting videos for ni.com/coe), is 20:33.  I know there were a few issues with some with some recordings just not sure which ones yet.  Thanks for highlighting this.

I was going to ask, but I guess that answers my question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2018 at 0:03 AM, StefanLemmens said:

According to the file info it should be 55:46 and it stops suddenly in the middle of the presentation.

Thanks!  I'll look into this one.  The video, as posted to Vimeo as 20:33.  I'm having trouble getting onto the tecnova server to grab the rest of the videos and to check on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.