Multiple text styles

I was looking for a way to specify text styles programmatically. After some unsuccessful attempts I found an approach that works surprisingly well, using selection and font properties. I wanted to use some HTML-like tags so I wrote a small library to do the work. Also included: A general-purpose 'about' dialog. Enjoy :-)

StyledText-LV2010.zip

StyledText.png

StyledText-LV2010.zip

Contributions to the community are always appreciated thank you.  That being said you might want to look into the other alternatives that have seemingly similar feature sets to yours.  I've been using LVMark for several years.  It isn't HTML but a type of markdown format.  Years ago there was another attempt called Formatter which does look like HTML.

23 hours ago, hooovahh said:

I've been using LVMark for several years.  It isn't HTML but a type of markdown format.  Years ago there was another attempt called Formatter which does look like HTML.

Cool, if I knew that before I probably didn't create my own library. Probably I used the wrong keywords for my search on LAVA.

But now that my library exists, what to do with it? Submit it to the CR? Create a GitHub repository? Do both? I'm unsure...

You probably already saw a discussion on Code Sharing, which has no conclusion yet.  My opinion is if it is stable and good and you don't expect much changes, submit it to the Code Repository here (package preferred).  If this is still in a state of flux and development, a site better equipped with change management like BitBucket or GitHub would probably be better.  That being said this is a fine place to start discussions and suggestions, and can be moved to Code In Development at your request.

On 3.10.2018 at 11:35 PM, hooovahh said:

You probably already saw a discussion on Code Sharing, which has no conclusion yet.  My opinion is if it is stable and good and you don't expect much changes, submit it to the Code Repository here (package preferred).  If this is still in a state of flux and development, a site better equipped with change management like BitBucket or GitHub would probably be better.  That being said this is a fine place to start discussions and suggestions, and can be moved to Code In Development at your request.

I did it: Here is the URL to the GitHub repository: https://github.com/mus-candidus/StyledText

Please move this thread to "Code in Development".