writing to file

I want to write data read from a device to a file. I have figured out to do so. However, I would like to automatically create a file that is named after the serial number of the device. Is there a way that I can do this?

Essentially creating a file name from a string and then putting data into the file without having to manually type in a file name and location in the popup box

Awesome, thank you

Just out of curiosity. On my computer I have a vi with multiple sub vis. I also call from folders that I have on my computer. If I was to send over my labVIEW code to someone would I have to attach all sub vis and folders used so they can also use my program?

Most people compile their code into an EXE for distribution. But, yes, plan B would be to send the top level VI and all the dependencies. One way to do that is to use the "save as previous" feature which will automatically pick up most of the dependencies. https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/labview/page/saving-for-a-previous-version.html

Edited by infinitenothing