Disappearing Class Icons - Bug?

I started my first larger Project with OOP in LabVIEW 2018.

With usage in different applications I pack my Class Hierarchy in a packed library (.lvlibp). Since it's in early development my working day is constant compiling of the library and switching between LV Projects.

Recently, I noticed an issue with the class icons. They randomly seem to disappear or reset to the default. The original icon is still stored somewhere. When I open the class properties and press "edit icon," the original icon reappears (=>see Pictures ). There seems to be no pattern. It's never all of them, but sometimes multiple icons.

They still function as intended, so it's merely a cosmetic issue at the block diagram level. But still really annoying.

Bug1.pngBug4.png.b1119c5a589e77ba30c4beb6e55e764e.png

Bug2.pngBug3.png

Edited by Mon
add 4th pic
16 minutes ago, HYH said:

This is an old flaw. It was first mentioned in LabVIEW 2021 SP1, and reported fixed in LabVIEW 2022 Q3 :

But apparently not.

The word I heard, was that this was the result of a code optimization gone wrong.  NI attempted to add some code that would take shortcuts in loading things, and skipping things it didn't think it needed.  Some of these code optimizations were fixed in 2022 Q3, but others remained.  So I believe you will see the icons get wiped away in less scenarios in later versions, but even the newest public release today may see this bug.  Hope you have SCC and can easily recover them.

Hi

It disturbs me that you mention 2018 having the problem.

2018 SP1 is my daily trusted version for whatever I develop, if possible. The last version before NI started optimizing the compiler and who knows what else. And generating problems a galore since then.

I have not myself seen the problem in 2018 SP1.

Regards

On 11/9/2023 at 4:05 PM, HYH said:

Hi

It disturbs me that you mention 2018 having the problem.

2018 SP1 is my daily trusted version for whatever I develop, if possible. The last version before NI started optimizing the compiler and who knows what else. And generating problems a galore since then.

I have not myself seen the problem in 2018 SP1.

Regards

Hmm interesting. I had a newer Version of LabVIEW installed once. Maybe this introduced the bug to the existing LV 2018 SP1 installation.

Perhaps it's time for a clean reinstall of my LabVIEW IDE.