The Search function for this forum does not work very well

I too had first tried Google, both with and without the URL-specification and came up empty.

Searching for this rather specific text:

when I made the "Trim Whitespace.vi" be reentrant 

does seem to work though.  

I maintain that the forum search function is just not very good.  It may be a clone or relative of the one used by NI because theirs is not so great either. Or since even Google has problems, perhaps some randomly selected older threads are kept hidden from the search engines just to annoy us as we are forced to try other ways to search.  After all, looking for a result that is being withheld does expose us to more of the advertising that litters the bogus results. 

image.png.4cfd0d5a5106e09dfd5f8e4b4af79b9b.png

I also had a hard time finding this in Google, which is a better search tool than the one built into the forums.  Invision is the tool that the forums is built off of and the search comes with that forum level software.  Occasionally the site admin will go through a migration process to the new versions adding features and it is possible search has been improved.  But since Google is the defacto search tool they probably don't see much value in investing in better search tools.  Sorry I don't have a good answer for this.

On 12/5/2023 at 4:23 PM, Antoine Chalons said:

I remember when this thread started... am I old yet?

I can't answer that.  But I can say there are many threads on the dark side, that also complain about searching over the years.  And the conclusion there was the same.