LV 8.0.1 is out!

It almost sounds like every upgrade is unique!

Talk about personalizing settings! :wacko:

Has anyone done two updates yet where both seem to be correct?

Ben

I've got two identical desktops that I'm applying the patch to this week. There's nothing on them except WinXP, Office, LabVIEW and the needed drivers. We'll see how that goes.

Ed

I've got two identical desktops that I'm applying the patch to this week. There's nothing on them except WinXP, Office, LabVIEW and the needed drivers. We'll see how that goes.

Ed

Please keep us updated Ed.

I am looking for at least one positive report re: LV 8.0.1.

When it comes to computers in general, predictability is highly desirable.

Ben

Ben

Well, so far I've seen no major issues on the first of these PC's.

My 1000+ VI test application on the first station ran all day yesterday without a hitch.

I'm just starting to build the second application for the second one, so I won't know for a while. OpenG Commander installed OK if that means anything to any one.

I forgot about the "No bold text on required subVI inputs" problem yesterday and didn't look to see if the first PC had this problem. It's at a different location so I can't check right now, but the second one has lost it's bold text.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...
NI support says it'll be a few weeks before an RTE installer will be available... However, building an app installer from an updated system should install the updated RTE, right?

Also, 8.0.1 built apps are supposed to run with the 8.0.0 RTE.

No word on what actually changes in the 8.0.1 RTE.

I just noticed that there's a file in the FTP folder named 'LabVIEW_8.0.1_Runtime_Engine.exe' and dated March 9.

I've adopted the style of not including the RTE in my installers so that the installer ZIP file is a reasonable size for e-mailing or downloading, especially helpful when sending frequent updates. I give the user a link to NI's FTP site to download the RTE.

• 3 weeks later...

Ben

I have been upgrading to 8.0.1 about three weeks ago and haven't noticed anything strange in LabVIEW 8 yet. The mass compile did take about 3 hours despite Jim's accelarted tool, but that is probably the price for having a Centrino notbook with a 1.6 GHz Mobile Pentium. Considering that after more than one year I still can work almost 4 hours offline on one battery I guess that is not to bad.

Rolf Kalbermatter

• 3 months later...
Ok, some more patch wierdness...

What the hell happened to my icons on my splash?

Michael, just Yesterday I updated another computer from 8.0 to 8.0.1 and ran into this same issue with the 'd' graphic. I remembered seeing this post a while back and was finally able to find it, but was bummed to see that there was no solution for it. Is this issue something that you were able to fix?

I'm not sure exactly what caused the problem, but I tried running the JKI mass compile tool and it crashed on me about half way thru, so i tried running the labview version which crashed as well ( this one actually showed me the vi it had trouble with, but i didnt get it written down and have not seen the error since). I ended up having to check out all my code from my SC software to get the JKI compiler to finally go thru. Not sure what part of this process caused the 'd' graphic, but it's a bit odd to look at!

Thanks,

Dave Graybeal