Sign in to follow this  
LAVA 1.0 Content

Unit test of VIs

What if we had a built in Unit Test Tool, something like the old LabVIEW Unit Validation Test Procedure, but instead being an integral part of the development environment. And, if the test vectors and the test results were to become a part of the VI-file, the version control of them and the VI would be simple.

I hope this wish can be refined by the community :thumbup: as I think it is only a rough outline of the possibilties.

/Lars-G

I could really go for something like that - I could even organise some of my company's time to support NI in doing it...

Also not sure if people have seen this or not but NI has officially released their unit test framework

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/8082

I haven't used it yet but I hear that it should become a common used tool around the office.

QUOTE (hooovahh @ Feb 9 2009, 09:30 AM)

The ~$1500 price tag should slow that down a little. Is it included with the Professional version (my guess would be probably not)?

Bruce

QUOTE (bmoyer @ Feb 9 2009, 10:13 AM)

That depends on whether you value the tool or not. We work in regulated industries, and a price tag like that sure wouldn't deter us from using it.

QUOTE (bmoyer @ Feb 9 2009, 10:13 AM)

Is it included with the Professional version (my guess would be probably not)?

I don't think so, although I think NI's offering it bundled with the desktop execution trace toolkit and VI Analyzer for a slightly higher price point.