LV 8.20 Scripting features ini key

gb119

I'm sure this must be a FAQ, but if is then I've failed to find where it is answered:

How does one reveal the scripting methods and properties in LabVIEW 8.20 ? The ini key setting that works in LabVIEW 7.1 (SuperPrivateScriptingFeatureVisible=True) doesn't seem to have any effect for me and doesn't appear in the LabVIEW executable file. SuperSecretPrivateSpecialStuff=True does work (and is in the executable). This is for Windows FDS if that is relevant.

Gavin

I'm sure this must be a FAQ, but if is then I've failed to find where it is answered:

How does one reveal the scripting methods and properties in LabVIEW 8.20 ? The ini key setting that works in LabVIEW 7.1 (SuperPrivateScriptingFeatureVisible=True) doesn't seem to have any effect for me and doesn't appear in the LabVIEW executable file. SuperSecretPrivateSpecialStuff=True does work (and is in the executable). This is for Windows FDS if that is relevant.

Gavin

Hello

Just ask NI for a Scripting Licence... :D

Scripting for free is over ... :angry:

But I don't expect that you get the Licence without problems... :headbang:

But if you will programm add- on Toolkit etc. you will probably get the Licence :)

(that told me someone who already use the scripting licence...)

But if you will programm add- on Toolkit etc. you will probably get the Licence :)

(that told me someone who already use the scripting licence...)

I didn't get license although I was writing an add-on and I asked NI for license especially for this purpose. Perhaps I didn't get license because I asked a license for XNodes at the same time with the emphasis on the latter.

Oh, OK. So I guess I should just send an email to NI and ask for a Licence? Great, I'll do that. Gee, I didn't think it would be so easy.

Or as my friends say when we see a good looking girl in a bar:

'No, do you have a smack in the face is what you can get'

(which is similar to a saying: 'No, do you have, yes is what you can get' basically meaning that if you don't ask you will never get)

Ton

Oh, OK. So I guess I should just send an email to NI and ask for a Licence? Great, I'll do that. Gee, I didn't think it would be so easy.

as far as I know there is a separate scripting license file, you can get from NI, but HOW to get it is an other topic:

maybe you have a chance, IMHO you need 3 prerequisites:

a) a good reason why you need it

b) a signed NDA

c) a good relationship to NI, maybe a LV Champion is helpfull

for the rest it will probably be a NSL (No Such License)

please let me know if you got it, I'm interested, too ;)

I never told that it's easy...

You need probably a few things...

:star: a very goog relationship to NI...

:star: "at least" certified architect

:star: NI Alliance Partner

:star: :question:

:star: :question:

Sorry I forgot the last few points... :headbang:

But Michael you fulfil most (all) points... :D

You need probably a few things...

:star: Don't forget that you'll need to show NI a business case (how it will help NI generate revenue)

How does one reveal the scripting methods and properties in LabVIEW 8.20 ?

The key to scripting in LabVIEW 8.x can be deduced from the following statement:

Scripting features are exposed in LabVIEW <= 7.1, and

scripting features allow you to write LabVIEW code, and

scripting features are LabVIEW code, and

LabVIEW code that calls scripting features will run in later versions of LabVIEW.

The key to scripting in LabVIEW 8.x can be deduced from the following statement:

Scripting features are exposed in LabVIEW <= 7.1, and

scripting features allow you to write LabVIEW code, and

scripting features are LabVIEW code, and

LabVIEW code that calls scripting features will run in later versions of LabVIEW.

Thanks - that was pretty much what I was I had figured out. Perhaps this could be added to the sticky post at the top of the forum ?

Please note that the latest version of my PMS Assistant has the private properties and methods of 7.1 and 8.0 hardcoded, so it doesn't depend on the ini settings and still allows you to select those properties and methods in LV 8.2 as well - I just checked this yesterday. Moreover, if you know (or somehow have figured out) private properties and methods new in 8.2 names (or old but not included in my lists) you can just type them in and see if LabVIEW accepts them!