Current versus Voltage

alnaimi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Mar 1 2007, 01:18 AM)

And please don't PM

alnaimi: do NOT PM LAVA memebers with unsolicited technical questions - it is very poor form. You will find that you'll get a much more positive and comprehensive response if you ask your questions in the forums.

QUOTE(alnaimi @ Mar 1 2007, 08:18 AM)

I mean My DAQ is from Keithley and its different than u use

I've never used Keithley DAQ, so I can't help you there. However, the topic can be applied over any type of data acquisition. Without doing synchronization on the DAQ Card level, you need to make sure that you generate one sample from your output and then read one sample from your input after you set your analog output value.

QUOTE(alnaimi @ Mar 1 2007, 01:48 PM)

Ok , OK !! You told me the sychronization not in DAQ level ?? But your example show that?? is not??

OoOoh , sorry I know I am so noisy but I ahve no source 2 learn LAVA is my only one

There's (at least) two ways to synchronize DAQ inputs to outputs:

-Using a start trigger between both your input and your output and using buffered reads. This way, you can set the exact waveform to output, trigger both the output and the input, and read all your data after you've outputted the entire waveform. However, since you're not using NI equipment, I'm not sure if this will work. This way is shown in the one example we sent you.

-A slower way is to do point-by-output output and input, which would work with any DAQ card. Each iteration of your loop you'll output a single value to your analog output. Then, you read your input with an analog input. You can use dataflow to accomplish this by making sure you have at least one wire (most likely your error wire) between your analog output and analog input. It's very important that you ensure that you output before you read your input...

If you've never done data acquisition before, you'd really learn from getting a LabVIEW DAQ manual. There's also numerous example on ni.com. I'd recommend playing around with those to learn how they work. That said, feel free to come to LAVA with questions and we'll help you -- the site is here for collaboration, but LAVA members won't write your VIs.

Dear all ,

sorry again for being nosiy , but i could not find a soultion to my problem even with sychronization and delay !!

Is the average solve the problem then fed it into graph???

Do I have to use the DC-RMS !!

Actually I can see the graph but part of it is in the minus side !!! Do I have to calcualte DB??

-3db = 20 log(Vout/Vin)???

Will it solve my problem 2 know why its in the minus side??

helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Hi alnaimi,

at least two members have allready told you that it is not polite to PM members directly, use the forums instead.

When someone has the time and knowledge to help, they probably will.

I must say that receiving a PM with a question, doesn't make me want to help you.

Good luck with your project, and again please DON'T PM members with your questions.

/J

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Feb 28 2007, 04:18 PM)

QUOTE(crelf @ Feb 28 2007, 04:58 PM)

alnaimi:
do NOT PM LAVA memebers with unsolicited technical questions - it is very poor form.

QUOTE(JFM @ Mar 3 2007, 11:32 PM)

Hi alnaimi,

at least two members have allready told you that it is not polite to PM members directly, use the forums instead.

When someone has the time and knowledge to help, they probably will.

I must say that receiving a PM with a question, doesn't make me want to help you.

Good luck with your project, and again please DON'T PM members with your questions.

/J

No one forces you to help me and your help is not needed in this case !!! I did recieve PM from many but didnot do what u did!!!!

QUOTE(alnaimi @ Mar 3 2007, 04:36 PM)

No one forces you to help me and your help is not needed in this case !!! I did recieve PM from many but didnot do what u did!!!!

I'm sorry if I offended you, but the Guidelines are quite clear about this

Don't abuse the PM (Personal Message System)
Please don't PM people on these forums for LabVIEW assistance. Especially after you've already posted your question on the Forums. It is a personal choice for someone to respond to a question on the Forums. A PM is Personal (hence the name). Would you go around town knocking on the doors of people you don't know asking for
LV
help? No, so why would you do the same on the internet? Most of the time, a PM triggers an email notification to the recipient which can be even more annoying. Please think twice before sending a PM. If the person has not responded to your question on the Forums then what makes you think they will respond in person? I think your chances of getting a response from thousands of readers is better than just a response from one.... 'nuf said.

There might also be other users facing the same problem as you, and if you use the PM system instead of the forums the knowledge will not be made public.

Anyway, I'm pleased to hear that you did get some help.

/J

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Mar 6 2007, 09:17 AM)

Are alnaimi and alameer the same user? alameer just sent me this PM:

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=5131

The signatures and usernames have an uncanny resemblance.

Nice request Jim. You should send him an official offer from your company $1500/day. Or is this still too low a price for JKI?

P.s. What are you people charging for LabVIEW consulting where ever you guys live? (OT)

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Mar 6 2007, 08:17 AM)

Are alnaimi and alameer the same user? alameer just sent me this PM:

Too bad I already deleted my alnaimi PM (how many did he sent?), but if I recall his expressions were a little louder

This brings up another issue, should our profile site show our last IP-address? This is done at a lot of forums, and it wouldn't harm here (I think).

Does anyone have issues with such a feature?

Ton

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Mar 6 2007, 09:48 AM)

This brings up another issue, should our profile site show our last IP-address? This is done at a lot of forums, and it wouldn't harm here (I think).

I don't think there is a need to make IP addresses public. I think it's nobody's business which IP address I'm using.

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Mar 6 2007, 08:48 AM)

Too bad I already deleted my alnaimi PM (how many did he sent?), but if I recall his expressions were a little louder

Ton

Someone once said:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

So, yes, I think I would have issues with this feature.

-Mikkel :)

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Mar 6 2007, 05:48 PM)

...should our profile site show our last IP-address?

No - it's none of our business where someone logs on from, nor should the mob mentality dictate who should and shouldn't be allowed to contribute (that's what the super-uber-mega-hyper-global-sys-admin is for ;) ) If you're unhappy with a user's performance, and suspect that they're using two logons, report it to the sys-admin.

QUOTE(crelf @ Mar 6 2007, 10:15 AM)

No - it's none of our business where someone logs on from, nor should the mob mentality dictate who should and shouldn't be allowed to contribute (that's what the super-uber-mega-hyper-global-sys-admin is for ;) ) If you're unhappy with a user's performance, and suspect that they're using two logons, report it to the sys-admin.

I agree -- and especially for those of us with static IPs, I'm not a fan of those boards that broadcast my IP to every member...

QUOTE(crelf @ Mar 6 2007, 07:15 AM)

Reporting to the admin works. And, a little public shaming for repeat offenders doesn't hurt, either.