Virtual PC 2007

Hi folks,

this is somewhat off topic here, but I think it might be usefull:

Microsoft is providing a free copy of Virtual PC 2007 and a VPC image with a fully licensed Windows XP Pro. Virtual PC emulates a PC on your machine and this comes really handy, if you have to test installers, exes, and so on ...

You can download the VPC-Image here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

and the Virtual PC 2007 package here.

It might be usefull for testing Beta-Versions ... and so on, and so on. Don't miss it!

QUOTE(Mike Ashe @ Mar 26 2007, 06:53 AM)

Have you tried running LabVIEW in the VPC? What kind of performance hit does it make? I wonder if you could run a VPC inside a VPC?

yes, I have tried. You can install LV on this *machine*. The performance is slow, but acceptabe for the mentioned purposes, and of course the speed depends on the ammound of memory, the VPC gets ...

I don't know if cou can run a VPC inside a VPC, but I guess, no ...

QUOTE(dwisti @ Mar 26 2007, 06:19 PM)

I had problems with VPC2007 crashing on my laptop. I use VMware Server with Labview 7.0 Pro installed in WIN2K with out any problems. One nice feature VMware Server has over VPC2007 is USB support.

I use VMWare now too, but if the trial 1-year-license is out, I want to install the virtual box from innotek http://www.virtualbox.org/ its free. Is the one from microsoft really good?

Eugen