Current versus Voltage

alnaimi

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Mar 6 2007, 07:57 AM)

I smell an another alias (Sherif). See this new member's introduction post.

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=5133

Am, I just being paranoid?

By the way, check out the signature -- "Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when he is in trouble again" -- is he taunting us?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Mar 7 2007, 01:59 AM)

check out the signature -- "Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when he is in trouble again" -- is he taunting us?

Struck me as odd too - almost like he's saying "please don't help me, or you'll regret it!"

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Mar 6 2007, 05:59 PM)

Am, I just being paranoid?

You probably are. :ninja:

I don't think a user who attracted negative attention would re-register as another user who's "different but similar" (different name, different Arabic country). They would either register as a much different user (to avoid the same problems) or simply recreate a very similar profile (out of lack of understanding of why they were banned).

Maybe all these users are alfa who's back into doing LV work? :thumbdown:

QUOTE(Nullllll @ Mar 7 2007, 07:04 AM)

Leave all that away !! you must be positive for thsoe who like 2 learn

To copy from one is plagarism, to copy from many is research. Learning isn't just asking someone to do it for you without attempting it first.

QUOTE(Nullllll @ Mar 7 2007, 10:39 AM)

We did, but he crossed some boundaries (quote from the Guidelines)

Upload example code.

Don't abuse the PM (Personal Message System)

Signature Size

DON'T WRITE ALL IN CAPS

, and use normal formatting and grammar. I prefer the feeling that the poster has done more effort on his coding than on the formatting of the post

And now I'm in the neighbourhood of these boundaries (and I don't like living on the edge)

No flame wars

We require all posts to be positive, constructive, and on topic.

If Alnaimi would have given a little more feedback it wouldn't have taken 31 posts to detect he isn't using DAQmx! By following the Guidelines and How to Ask Questions the Smart Way, he probably got better and faster answers.

Jeff went to quite some stuff to help him

And this forum is targetted at Advanced Architects, meaning the majority of us have a lot of knowledge, their willing to share. But sharing is something else than giving it away too easily. Some of us make a living of selling LV knowledge or giving training to LV starters. We hope everyone will love LV but we won't do your (home)work.

Ton