Queue are no longer working accross different context (App Instances)

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Feb 2 2007, 09:44 PM)

Basic principle: An app instance should always be treated as a separate machine. If the code works in separate app instances, then it should work on separate machines. Behind the scenes, LV might cheat for two app instances on the same computer, but the same VIs must still work if the app instances aren't co-machine.

Hi,

I know that thread is starting to be "old", but it let me doubtfull.

Is there really a way to pass data between 2 EXEs (built with LV 7.1.1) running on the same computer through VI server ?

I ask this because I've been transfering data between 2 EXEs for for a long time, but one EXE was on a Windows PC and the other EXE was running on an RT PXI... so I though it was going to be as easy as the example "VI server Manager application" (example that comes with LV 7.1.1), but apparently it works only betwwen a WinEXE and a RT EXE. Am I wrong ?

A small example or a screenshot would be very highly appriciated (a diagram is worth a thousand word ;) )

For sure it works, maybe the syntax is wrong.

Alternatively, you can include the following lines in the application INI file:

server.tcp.port=33363 server.tcp.access="+*" server.tcp.enabled=True server.vi.access="+*" server.tcp.paranoid=False

You can also enable the Applcation Item "APP_OPTIONS" in the run-time of the application and edit the VI Server options there. Lines similar to the above will be written in the INI file.

The above settings exposes all VIs to all incoming connections so you may want to restrict access only to your intranet or come VIs. I usually set server.vi.access="+Server*" so only VIs with names beginnig with Server are accessible from the VI Server interface. Maybe the "+" is missing in arg3, so sorry my mistake...

QUOTE(jpdrolet @ May 17 2007, 08:41 PM)

server.tcp.paranoid=False

:D I love that one !

QUOTE(jpdrolet @ May 17 2007, 08:41 PM)

I usually set
server.vi.access="+Server*"
so only VIs with names beginnig with
Server
are accessible from the VI Server interface. Maybe the "+" is missing in arg3, so sorry my mistake...

That sounds like a good trick !

Thanks a lot for your help ! :worship: I was about to :throwpc:

QUOTE(TiT @ May 17 2007, 12:42 PM)

If you want to run the two exes on the same computer you should not use the same IP port number. Only one application (and even thread) can open a specific IP port on a machine at the same time, so the second executable that starts up will fail to initialize a VI server instance if it is run on the same machine. Should probably still allow the second app to access the first app as client but otherwise around can't work as the second app has no properly initilialized VI server.

Rolf Kalbermatter