ActiveX is Windows specific and (if I'm not mistaken) requires that you follow some very specific rules and it was probably decided that it's not worth it.

The RTE itself is exported as an ActiveX object (that's what you get in a remote front panel), so you can enable the web server in your executable and have people embed the RFP object in their UI.

If you want data communication, a DLL or TCP communication is proabably the way to go.

QUOTE(yen @ Jun 13 2007, 07:29 PM)

ActiveX is Windows specific and (if I'm not mistaken) requires that you follow some very specific rules and it was probably decided that it's not worth it.

The RTE itself is exported as an ActiveX object (that's what you get in a remote front panel), so you can enable the web server in your executable and have people embed the RFP object in their UI.

If you want data communication, a DLL or TCP communication is proabably the way to go.

Yes, you are right, ActiveX is windows specific interface. Can you tell me how I can build in a LV element(e.g. controls) in other programms using DLL?

Eugen

QUOTE(Eugen Graf @ Jun 14 2007, 02:56 PM)

Yes, you are right, ActiveX is windows specific interface. Can you tell me how I can build in a LV element(e.g. controls) in other programms using DLL?

Eugen

To cut it even shorter you can't really. LabVIEW controls are just that: LabVIEW controls. As far as Windows is concerned they are just a few graphic lines inside a LabVIEW window. The closest you can get is embedding a LabVIEW front panel inside another Windows window, ActiveX or not. And that has some very tricky implications, one of them being message queue thread starving if you don't do it exactly right.

Basically I would not think it worth the trouble to try it and yes I did attempt this a few years back, but with newer LabVIEW versions I would not expect this to having gotten easier, rather the opposite.

Rolf Kalbermatter