content from a password protected WEBsite

Dear Forum,

I want to automation a request to a Website.

The website is Password protected and its technology is aspx.

I surfed a lot in the internet but did not find a finished work **g**. So therefore i try it by myself (even thou I am a beginner)

My first way was to analyse the traffic if I connect the password protected Website. So far so good.

Now I try to reverse engineering this Protocol. Now I have some code and it works. But I have Performance Problems.

Every Sequence takes about 5 seconds and after 8 Sequences one complete request needs about 40 sec.

Now my question: How can I read the content from a website?

My big Problem is that I do not know the content length from every request therefore I have no value for the "Byte to Read" (TCP_READ).

And if I use the "Time Out" function, I have to wait every request for five or more seconds.

I hope anybody can help me to solve this problem. For a better understanding I add a Picture.

THX :headbang:

Thank for your answer.

I tried to do this with DataSocket Vi's.

Now I don't know how I should do the POST State.

Activity:

1.) Request to the Login screen --> there are Fields with Username and Passwort (i tested with dataSocket --> it works)

2.) From this request you get Parameters: _ViewState, SessionID

3.) Now i have to POST this Data and Username Password:

Example:

POST /(24lqx0asze5cjyztmmym2vn3)/eu_default.aspx HTTP/1.1

Host: wos.xxx.xx

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6

Accept: text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5

Accept-Language: de-de,de;q=0.8,en-us;q=0.5,en;q=0.3

Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7

Keep-Alive: 300

Connection: keep-alive

Referer: http://wos.xxx.xx(24lqx0asze5cjyztmmym2vn3)/eu_default.aspx

Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Content-Length:523

__VIEWSTATE=dDw2NjQxNjI3Njg7dDw7bDxpPDI%2BOz47bDx0PDtsPGk8MD47PjtsPHQ8O2w8aTwwPjtpPDI%2BO2k8ND47aTw

2Pjs%2BO2w8dDxwPHA8bDxUZXh0Oz47bDxBTk1FTERVTkc7Pj47Pjs7Pjt0PHA8cDxsPFRleHQ7PjtsPEJlbnV0emVybmFtZTs%2BP

s%2BOzs%2BO3Q8cDxwPGw8VGV4dDs%2BO2w8UGFzc3dvcnQ7Pj47Pjs7Pjt0PHA8cDxsPFRleHQ7PjtsPEFubWVsZGVuOz4%2B

Oz47Oz47Pj47Pj47Pj47PqvrANTwwZYLHc5dVU5UoU1HdDcA&Enduser_Loginform%3AUsername=u_name&Enduser_Loginform

%3APassword=password&Enduser_Loginform%3Aloginform_submit=Anmelden&eu_checklogin=1&SessionID=94955664-36401868-18-36-17

After this POST i should get back the Password Protected content, but how can i do a POST with DataSocket

Thank's a lot for Answers

:headbang:

Pic2= old one

Pic3= new one

Hello

I do not know about the ASPX But I do this a lot with websites written in PHP. The cURL.exe program works very naturally and conveniently. In the case you want for example to return some values from a web program, you simply execute the php program with the $_POST parameters from cURL. You run a System_Exec function from LabVIEW.

Good Luck

John

THX for Answer MikaelH

I do this at the moment very similar.

But you also do in your Block-diagram 1000 bytes to read - but you do not know how many byte you get from this request back and this is my main Problem.

And if I set 10.000 bytes to read, then you use the time out function (because the TCP_read function is a "blocking" function)

I hope you can understand what I mean

(sorry for my poor English)

nice day

kohle

• 1 month later...

:headbang:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem Solved: :thumbup: :

I solved the problem with a 3rd Party tool called: cURL --> is a command line tool:

This tool have nice features. VI is posted

BR Kohle