Convert binary values to color indicator

sukhoon

I have the following problem. Am working on Version 7.0. Can someone please help me through i am new to this:

I performed an experiment and got the following set of values:

RED

Blue

Green

Red

Blue

Green

Unknown(X) X1 X2 X3

Now I have to find color of unknown solution: X.

So in Labview I want to do following :

1. Get Fraction (X1/10) *255 (X2/10) *255 (X3/10) *255

a1 a2 a3

Now a1,a2,a3 is (R,G,B) fractions.

2. Convert a1,a2,a3 into binary values.

3. Feed those values into RGB conveter. ( Need to know where is RGB converter or RGB function)

4. Determine and display the output color on Labview panel.

Thank u much. If you could tell me is there something called RGB function which can help to convert the binary values to color.

QUOTE(Norm Kirchner @ Nov 2 2007, 07:04 PM)

We need an audible warning for questions like this that make the screen flash and scream really loud "HOMEWORK ALERT!!!" BTW, Search the LV help for RGB and you should find information about converting.

As crass as this sounds, I would be more inclined to answer homework questions if the people asking them would buy Premium Memberships first :P.

QUOTE(Justin Goeres @ Nov 3 2007, 01:24 AM)

As crass as this sounds, I would be more inclined to answer homework questions if the people asking them would buy Premium Memberships first :P .

Now there is a good idea!

How about a "Homework" section on the Premium side.

We could justify it as "doing tutoring to support LAVA"

Hey, if they can afford their texts books, a LAVA Premium Membership would count as chump-change.

Ben

PS: Norm (aka Exceptional Norm, is that an oxymoron?) didn't the RGB come with the picture control as an add-on back in LV 7.0? If so the data manipulation >>> split word is the widget to look for.

QUOTE(neB @ Nov 3 2007, 04:49 PM)

PS: Norm (aka Exceptional Norm, is that an oxymoron?) didn't the RGB come with the picture control as an add-on back in LV 7.0? If so the data manipulation >>> split word is the widget to look for.

The color <-> RGB VIs are available in a standard LV 7.0 (at least in the pro version).