Having View New Posts @ Bottom of page

As I whittle my way through the "view new posts" I always have to return to top then click the view new posts link.

Not terribly hard, but when you go through 30 new posts it would be nice to have the "view New Posts" @ the bottom so I can simply click it when I'm to the bottom of the post, or better yet have the next topic button know that you came from view new posts page and go to the next newest topic, not just the next in the specific forum.

QUOTE(Norm Kirchner @ Jan 8 2008, 10:44 AM)

As I whittle my way through the "view new posts" I always have to return to top then click the view new posts link.

Not terribly hard, but when you go through 30 new posts it would be nice to have the "view New Posts" @ the bottom so I can simply click it when I'm to the bottom of the post, or better yet have the next topic button know that you came from view new posts page and go to the next newest topic, not just the next in the specific forum.

That would fit my use-case very nicely.

Ben

QUOTE(Norm Kirchner @ Jan 8 2008, 07:44 AM)

Using the RSS Feed makes this problem go away :thumbup:

I don't think Google Reader is appropriate for this. It works great for keeping tracks of blogs and other things which have single pieces of information, but it doesn't thread and so you just get a mass of unrelated posts, which are impossible to separate.

Personally, I just open the links from the new posts page in new tabs (or windows, depending on which browser I'm using). That way, the new posts page always stays open.

In FF and IE7 this is usually done by clicking the middle mouse button (or the scroll wheel) on the link, although FF has an annoying bug (at least for me) where it sometimes opens two or three times tabs of the same page when you middle-click.