Stricly typed VI Server with Private data

In my project, I want to override some method but I need those methods to be reentrant. Since that it's not possible in the normal way, I use the VI Server way. --I have a dynamic VI to create the reference to a child static method and I use this reference to execute my method in reetrant mode--.

So, everything is working fine except that I have this warning every time I load my project:

post-6703-1206649991.gif?width=400

In my class private data, I use a Stricly typed VI reference linked to a method with the class private data in is input/output. In short, my class private data contain a VI Server reference that refers to itself (the class private data). That causes no problem for the execution, only for loading project.

I didn't try to compile it yet.

Any explanation on this warning?

Download File:post-6703-1206649819.zip

LVOOP methods can be reentrant since LV 8.5 and also recursive calls are supported.

About your problem, please check the lvproj and lvclass files with a text editor to see if they have problems with the file locations. I think I had similar issue previously where the file locations in the lvproj file were corrupted but didn't get fixed. I didn't report this as a bug so it may still be there. If that doesn't help, try pressing ctrl + run to force recompilation of everything in memory after which save all.

Tomi

QUOTE (Tomi Maila @ Mar 27 2008, 04:49 PM)

Are you telling me that I spend 2 day on a work around instead of taking few minute to install LV 8.5?

Well, it was interesting to explore the abyssal depth of VI Server.

QUOTE (Tomi Maila @ Mar 27 2008, 04:49 PM)

About your problem, please check the lvproj and lvclass files with a text editor to see if they have problems with the file locations. I think I had similar issue previously where the file locations in the lvproj file were corrupted but didn't get fixed. I didn't report this as a bug so it may still be there. If that doesn't help, try pressing ctrl + run to force recompilation of everything in memory after which save all.

For my problem, if I change the Strictly typed VI Reference for a non-Strickly Typed one, there is no more warning at the loading. That's tell me it's not due to a corrupt files, or at least it's a systematic corruption.

Anyway, I will try to pass to LV 8.5.

Thanks

QUOTE (pdc @ Mar 28 2008, 07:54 AM)

For my problem, if I change the Strictly typed VI Reference for a non-Strickly Typed one, there is no more warning at the loading. That's tell me it's not due to a corrupt files, or at least it's a systematic corruption.

Please check if this reproduces in LV8.5. If it does, please go to ni.com and file a bug report for this. It's worth investigation.

QUOTE (pdc @ Mar 28 2008, 03:54 PM)

Are you telling me that I spend 2 day on a work around instead of taking few minute to install LV 8.5?

It must have been a long time since the last time you installed LabVIEW. If memory serves, installing just LabVIEW itself takes around 30 minutes, and that does not include any toolkits and modules and mass compiling stuff.

QUOTE (Yen @ Mar 29 2008, 02:40 PM)

I'm an optimist http://java%20script:add_smilie(' rel='nofollow' target="_blank">rolleyes.gif! It takes almost 3 hours to install and half an hour to undo what I previously made to use reentrant inheritance in LV8.2. Until now, reentrant dynamics VI works great for me. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (Yen @ Mar 29 2008, 08:40 PM)

If memory serves, installing just LabVIEW itself takes around 30 minutes

OK, to be fair - I just installed a modern version of LabVIEW and when I came back 10 minutes after I started the installation it was complete. That said, that was just pure LabVIEW.