Old LAVA content

Gary, we're working on importing the old content. In the meantime, feel free to start new topics.

Thanks for all the work. This looks pretty impressive.

One other question. I noticed that this topic has 1 reply and 0 views. The old LAVA used to show the same odd statistics. Does the View counter update less frequently than the Reply counter?

BTW, it's funny to see you with "Newbie" under your name. :P

Ah, much better. Thanks.

Some points:

1. The "View New Content" link is a bit hard to find.
  2. The items in the new content list seem to take up more room than they used to in the old version.
  3. The new content list only shows unread posts. Once you read something, it doesn't appear there anymore. This is probably not a real issue if you're aware of it (and it actually makes sense), but is different from the old version works. If you happen to want to go back to a thread by the date, you would need to open the active content link from the main page.
  4. The WYSIWYG editor is much nicer.

Since you were able to import the login info, does that mean the old posts will be linked into our profiles correctly?

Also, how do I clear the new content list? The old version had a "mark all posts as read" link at the top of the list, but the new one does not seem to have it, meaning I'm stuck with all the NI and JKI news from the RSS feeds which I don't care about. Over time, this will pose a serious usability issue.

Never mind, I saw the other thread. This should really be placed in a more prominent location, as should the new content link.

P.S. I do like the in-page editor here. It appears at the END of the thread and has all the nice features.

I would bet Chris is already in deep meditation thinking at the best way to restore the posts (along with his hard-earned place at the top of poster's list...) wink.gif

Ha! I'm not sure it was "hard-earned" biggrin.gif Actually, I think that a kudos-style count is much more important than total posts (nothing against the "Knights of NI™" - those guys have put a lot of work into their posts). The new LAVA 2.0 has several kudos features, including the ability to vote for posts, as well as assign star ratings to threads.

I'm happy to report that the old content is back but it's been placed inside the LAVA 1.0 Content Forum. Moderators will move posts out of there over time. You can still reply to them and they of course will show up in the search. We tried to link the posts to the original author where possible. Those that could not be identified for various technical reasons got assigned to a fictitious user called: LAVA 1.0 Content.

I'm happy to report that the old content is back but it's been placed inside the LAVA 1.0 Content Forum. Moderators will move posts out of there over time. You can still reply to them and they of course will show up in the search. We tried to link the posts to the original author where possible. Those that could not be identified for various technical reasons got assigned to a fictitious user called: LAVA 1.0 Content.

If you need any help in placing posts, please let us/me know!

Too bad not everything can be owned by the appropriate user, I am back at .7 posts per day while I was over 1 .

Ton