VI to convert .html to .PDF

QUOTE (b_subhasis @ Sep 2 2008, 02:11 AM)

I had a requirement to convert a html file to a pdf using a VI.I have tried finding the web for a solution or an idea.But could not find any.Has anyone got an example to convert the same.

Are you converting the code to write a pdf instead of html or converting the existing html to a pdf? I assume the second... It seems the easiest option would be to install a pdf writer (looks like a printer) and then print the html from a web browser, which could be controlled programically using ActiveX or .NET.

Tim

QUOTE (b_subhasis @ Sep 2 2008, 02:11 AM)

Hi,

I had a requirement to convert a html file to a pdf using a VI.I have tried finding the web for a solution or an idea.But could not find any.Has anyone got an example to convert the same.

Regards,

Subhasis

Download a PDF Printer (i.e. CutePDF).. Then write a Labview program to Print the HTML to the PDF Printer.. Done.

-Scott

An option I useds a while back that worked nicely (although is not free) was to use an ActiveX/.Net component (it comes with both interfaces) called Many2PDF - basically it will, without the need for setting up printers on machines, etc will convert a variety of file formats to a pdf document with no user interaction. We then used the standard LabVIEW HTML reporting tools to create a report (which could be printed if necessary) and every time a report was created, seemlessly save a pdf version (complete with images, tables etc) to disk. If anyone is interested I would be happy to put up my (very basic) VI that that generates uses this tool.

I'm not sure how this would compare to the Carya offereing as I had not come across that one until today!

Shaun

• 4 years later...
Yes please.

at the moment we are having problem to print the table colour of the html to PDF.

after convert to PDF, no header table colour was printed on the document.

if you could assist, it would be great!

thanks Shaun

If you perform the steps needed to print to PDF without using LabVIEW do you get the same result?  If so then this is a problem with the program doing the conversion, not with LabVIEW which is just calling the conversion to happen.  There are multiple print to PDF programs, I would try one that works on its own before trying to automate it with LabVIEW.