how to correctly close my application

Hi, when i close my program (exe) with Alt+F4, it will stay in running process. And I can´t run it again. I have to press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and close it in task manager. When I close it with red button and then press Alt+F4. It´s all right. Is possible to change something in vi or in aplication builder?

Thx for help!

QUOTE (pikro @ Nov 11 2008, 10:43 PM)

Alt+F4,

The Alt+F4 will close/hide the front panel, and that should normally unload the VI from memory, but as you say Aristos Queue, the VI must have an open reference to itself.

I always use the filter "Panel Close?" event, and always discard this event, and then gracfully close down everything.

The last thing I do is to call the EXIT LabVIEW function (only if the App.kind=RunTime), this will close and unload all runing VIs.

Cheers,

Mikael

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (pikro @ Nov 12 2008, 09:39 AM)

yes, when i have totally easy aplication, is all right. When i use block "Open Vi reference" the app will hold in memory. I am looking for some block for close it. (Close reference doesn´t work, or i use it wrong)

You're obviously using it wrong because it does for sure work here. But I'm not going to upload a 1000 VI project! I'm pretty sure there should be an example to this effect in the LabVIEW examples though.

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE (MikaelH @ Nov 11 2008, 11:04 PM)

The Alt+F4 will close/hide the front panel, and that should normally unload the VI from memory, but as you say Aristos Queue, the VI must have an open reference to itself.

I always use the filter "Panel Close?" event, and always discard this event, and then gracfully close down everything.

The last thing I do is to call the EXIT LabVIEW function (only if the App.kind=RunTime), this will close and unload all runing VIs.

Cheers,

Mikael

Does this mean that it closes even the applications that you wouldn't like to? (If, for example you have multiple LV applications opened at the same time.)

QUOTE (Pollux @ Nov 25 2008, 09:25 AM)

Does this mean that it closes even the applications that you wouldn't like to? (If, for example you have multiple LV applications opened at the same time.)

How would that work? An application can only close itself without some explicit and dirty Windows kernel API calls.

Rolf Kalbermatter