Prerelase OpenG Lvzip library, Version 2.4b

This is a crosspost from .

This is a prerelase version of the newest sources from the sourceforge CVS repository. All public symbols should have been prepended with lvzip_ to avoid name collisions with the already defined functions in the VxWorks kernel. The Windows and Linux version are also updated in that way and seem to work just fine. Sorry for the Mac guys but I saw no opportunity to recompile for Mac targets yet and there is one outstanding issue with this new version that needs some more testing.

This has not been tested on VxWorks targets yet as I still haven't one available to play with.

The included OpenG package can be best installed using VIPM.

Download File:post-349-1230024275.ogp

For VxWorks support you should ftp the according lvzlib.out to the controller into ni-rt\system, from the correct subdirectory (vxWorks82 for LabVIEW 8.2.x and vxWorks85 for LabVIEW 8.5.x and 8.6) inside the lvzip directory created where you installed the package.

As already mentioned this should now work for following targets:

Windows, Pharlap RT targets		   lvzlib.dllVxWorks RT targets					lvzlib.outLinux targets						 lvzlib.so

MacOS X, x86 support will follow.

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE (Ton @ Dec 23 2008, 09:01 AM)

Hi Rolf,

could you explain what will be the difference between this one (2.4b) and the one that will be published via OpenG.org (2.4?)

I assume you actually want to do some testing on VXworks, I think I have one at the office (might be Pharlaps).

And you want to fix the Mac bug?

Ton

Ton,

This is what the description field of the package says:

"Version 2.2 adds support for appending files to an existing archive, deleting files from an archive and password support for adding and extracting files.

Version 2.3 adds support for transparent Mac Resource file handling through MacBinary encoding.

Version 2.4 adds support for direct memory stream handling."

PJM

QUOTE (Ton @ Dec 23 2008, 01:01 PM)

Hi Rolf,

could you explain what will be the difference between this one (2.4b) and the one that will be published via OpenG.org (2.4?)

I assume you actually want to do some testing on VXworks, I think I have one at the office (might be Pharlaps).

And you want to fix the Mac bug?

Ton

Most likely there will be no difference for a user of the library, unless you use the Mac or I do come across some bug until then. The Mac at least on newer OS X versions has an issue with long pathnames and until I had time to test that a bit more I did not want to create the shared library. Besides I do not have an x86 Mac so creating the shared library has to be done by others (Jim Kring will probably go to do that).

For now it is mostly to give the opportunity to others to test the VxWorks version since the last changes to the library were in fact to support that based on very helpful feedback from Brian K from NI.

So yes there is a chance that you could encounter a bug when using this version (but that is true for any software released or not :laugh: ) but I do not intend to change anything in terms of functionality, VI interfaces nor design of the library for the final release.

Rolf Kalbermatter

• 2 weeks later...

This is a crosspost from http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...ding&page=5.

We finally did a definite release of the OpenG LVZlib library. There are no real changes to the library itself apart from some documentation updates and cosmetic changes but it is now official. For a more detailed list of changes in this new version relative to 2.3 you can refer to http://wiki.openg.org/Oglib_lvzip-2.4

The Windows, Linux and MacOS X version are all updated and seem to work just fine. Sorry for the Mac Classic guys but I saw no opportunity to recompile for Mac Classic targets yet and we do probably not intend to build for that target anymore unless there is some real demand.

While support for VxWorks has been added it has not been tested on VxWorks targets yet as I still haven't one available to play with.

The OpenG package can be downloaded here and is best installed using VIPM.

For VxWorks support you should ftp the according lvzlib.out to the controller into ni-rt\system, from the correct subdirectory (vxWorks82 for LabVIEW 8.2.x and vxWorks85 for LabVIEW 8.5.x and 8.6) inside the lvzip directory created where you installed the package.

As already mentioned this should now work for following targets:

Windows, Pharlap RT targets		  lvzlib.dll VxWorks RT targets				   lvzlib.out Linux targets						lvzlib.so MacOS X							  lvzlib.framework

Rolf Kalbermatter