Data acquisition with Labview

jojo_lapin

QUOTE (Maca @ Jan 29 2009, 01:28 PM)

Hi again,

What I would like to do is: make the data acquisition of several channels coming from electrods using labview. As Labview just makes the acquistion in real time, while I need to have the diffrent channels(data: time and voltage) and to keep them, that is why I would like to obtain a .mat file but I don't know how to generate it.

Hope I'm more clear:)

Thank you.

So what you want to do is as follows:

• Use LabVIEW to acquire and save some data.
  • Use MATLAB to analyise the data.

Is this correct?

The problem you are having then is getting the data from LabVIEW to MATLAB?

First up:

A *.m file is a MATLAB script file, while they can contain data as well, they typically are not used for storing large data sets.

And in regards to getting the data into MATLAB:

If your LabVIEW code saves the data to an ASCII "spreadsheet" file MATLAB can directly import it (using a wizard).

You could also programing fill an array from the spreadsheet file if you so wished, but its been way to long since Ive used MATLAB and while I have done it before for the life of me I can't remember how to do it.

QUOTE (Maca @ Jan 30 2009, 08:56 PM)

A *.m file is a MATLAB script file, while they can contain data as well, they typically are not used for storing large data sets.

Actually, a .mat file is a binary file for data. .m files are scripts. .mex files are the ones, from what I understand, that emulate VIs.

As far as I remember, the .mat need not be binary.

You could probably write the .mat file to look like this in ASCII:

A=[1 0 2]

(maybe a ; at the end?) and matlab should be able to interpret it as a matrix A.

Anyway, the bottom line is: Jojo-Lapin, PLEASE ask questions in a coherent way so that people can actually give you reasonable answers. Looks like people are desperately trying to pull the signal out of noise, but who knows if they are succeeding?

N.